Chapter 20

[ picture that luke set as his lockscreen is on the side/top. just imagine ashton's hair is straightened and he's wearing glasses though. ]

Ashton's eyes flickered open. He removed his breathing mask from his face and snuggled back into Luke's side, staring at his sleeping boyfriend in awe and brushing a piece of hair out of his face. Goosebumps appeared on Luke's arms and he opened his eyes, staring at Ashton for a few seconds before smiling sleepily and planting kisses on his lips. Luke placed his hand on Ashton's cheek and the brown-haired boy melted into the touch. He moved closer and Ashton rolled on top of Luke, straddling his hips. Luke looked up at him and Ashton laced their fingers together.

"I love you," Ashton whispered, leaning down and kissing him passionately.

"I love you too," Luke said in between kisses. Suddenly, the bedroom door swung open and Ashton jumped off Luke and almost landed on the ground when seeing Anne smirking at the door.

"Jesus Christ- Mum!" Ashton yelled in embarrassment, pulling the covers over his bare chest and Luke did the same.

Anne laughed, "Not to worry, I just wanted to tell you I made breakfast and the plane leaves in 2 hours, so get your lazy bums into the kitchen! and always remember kids, if it's not on, it's not on." The boys looked at her with wide eyes and she just left the room and closed the door.

"If what's not on..?" Luke questioned.

"A condom." Ashton pursed his lips and hopped out of bed, putting on a shirt.

"O-oh." Luke choked, getting out of bed and doing the same.

Ashton and Luke made their way down stairs and into the kitchen, seeing the left over pizza in the middle of the table.

Ashton raised an eyebrow, sitting down and Luke sat next to him. "I thought you said you cooked breakfast," Anne laughed and so did Harry and Lauren.

"Mum? Cooking breakfast? That's funny Ashton." Lauren cackled. As breakfast went on, Lauren was creepily staring at Luke eating and he was beginning to feel awkward.

"How do you look so perfect whilst eating?" Lauren said, staring at Luke dreamily.

Ashton glared at her and scoffed, "You're not getting him, he's mine."

"I know, but wow. He's the total package, how did you even get him?" Ashton's eyes widened and he looked down at his lap.

"Lauren, enough." Anne said sternly.

"Actually," Luke started, taking Ashton's hand in his under the table and giving it a tight squeeze. "The questions is; how did a guy like me get a guy like him? I'm not 'the total package' I'm just a regular person like you." Luke finished his pizza and grabbed Ashton's hand, smiling at Anne before dragging him back upstairs.

"You're grounded." Anne said to Lauren when they were half way up the stairs and Luke grinned because she deserved it. He didn't like how she talked about him as if he wasn't there. How she called Luke the 'total package' because he really isn't. He's just a normal guy. In fact, he's not really anything. He's the one that should be surprised that Ashton even likes him. It was rude of her to say that to him, considering how insecure Ashton was already. He wasn't so much insecure with his body or anything, it was relationship wise.

Ashton and Luke got dressed in their regular skinny jeans and Luke let Ashton wear one of his shirts. Ashton liked it because it smelt like Luke and it gave him a sense of comfort. While Ashton straightened his hair like usual, Luke quiffed his and put gel in it to keep it neat. By the time they were ready, they only had half an hour to get to the airport and they had to go through bag check and also pick Calum up because when they got on the plane, Calum was driving the car back to his place.