Chapter-16

Stefan's POV

Flashback. 5 years ago.

I slam my office door on my way out which catches the attention of all my staff. But I could care less. Hope is leaving. I reach the elevator and press the call button over and over again. At a point I feel it will break.

The lift finally arrives and I hop in and reach the ground floor. I forgot to call for my car. I run in the lobby. Everyone stops to see me. I reach out and hire a cab. I have not used a cab since forever.

"Airport" I order.

"Missing your flight ?" The driver jokes.

"Missing my girl. If I don't reach on time, I might never see her again"

"I am sorry, dude"

"Just drive"

We reach exactly after 15 min. The moment I reach inside ( good thing I grabbed my passport on the way out ), an announcement is made. I look around frantically but she is nowhere. And like a ray of hope, I see her. There she is.

But boarding a plane. I call for her. But she doesn't hear me. She just leaves after her ticket is stamped. That's the last memory of her. I tried to jump the rail but the authorities stop me. Fucking people.

End of flashback.

Hope and I are in the dining hall sitting across each other having our food, like normal couples.

Couples ?

Are we ?

"What are we, Stefan ?" Hope asks my question.

"Whatever you want to be...."

"Well I have decided to give you another go and you sure as he'll won't let me date someone else, then.... I guess we are"

"We are what ?"

"Dating"

"My girl"

She rolls her eyes and leans back.

"What ?" I ask.

"Is it just me or have you gotten more possessive ?"

"Well put yourself in my shoes and find your girl in a relationship with someone else, who is not you.... And is better then you and can treat her right. Everything you never were. And she might leave you for him, and tell me if you don't turn out my way"

She tilts her head sideways studying me curiously. She breaths a sigh and then goes back to eating lunch.

"What ?" I ask. My appetite vanishing.

"Nothing" she shrugs.

Right. And I am a flying pig.

Seriously, Stefan ?

"There is something"

"Uh-huh" she says while putting a fork of salad in her mouth. I have to look away since I don't want to have another cold shower.

The we eye the last piece of garlic bread on the bowl. I love it. And so does she. We both eye it patiently. The suddenly she leaps and I leap at the same time but she take it first and chucks it whole in her mouth.

"You..... let me get my hands on you" I threaten and run across the table to get her but she is already on the run.

But just then the door bell rings signalling someone's arrival. I open the door hastily and in walks Mr. Joseph. My butler.

"Mr. Anderson. Mrs. Anderson." He down as a form of respect. This dude lives in the medieval era.

"Mr. Joseph, me and Stefan are not.... just call me Miss. Williams" Hope says.

I can literally feel my blood boiling.

"I came to inform you that your aunt, Mr. Anderson, Miss Julia, had come out of the coma and I asking for the whole family, including you both. "

Me and Hope share a look.

Aunt Julia.

My mother's sister.

The last time I saw her was six years ago on my wedding day. She came with her husband. She was closest to me. I loved her.

But a day after the wedding she met an accident and her and her husband went into coma. Her husband recovered weeks ago but she did now.

She had been in coma for nearly six years now.

But the real problem is.....

She asked to see me and Hope. She thinks we are still married. But we are not.

How am I supposed to get through it ?