22.

this song is so...perfect 

taeyeon's voice is so soothing 

cannot apologize enough for how inconsistent I have been with uploading this story. it's been such a hectic couple of months with university and my dissertation is legit killing me. hopefully I can manage find time to write and upload x

if you want to continue to read WUAD however, check out the note at the end of the chapter that'll guide you to where you can read the unedited version of WUAD for free! xx 

CHAPTER - TWENTY TWO

'Control is like a flimsy rubber band, Faye. One hard tug and snap!'

Demon boy's words echo in my head as I attend school for the first time as a demon. I don't feel any different and I certainly don't look any different, now that I had on dark brown contacts on. Just to make sure I wasn't exposed even if I let my emotions show. To everyone else at this school, I was still the stout loner I'd always been. Micheal and Nolan would still know though, given they're not mortals themselves. I'd spent my time away in reading upon them.

I'm by my locker when Aleksa approaches me.

I'd texted her sometime back, apologizing for not being able to meet up before. I'd claimed family issues but I could hardly tell her that I'd been whisked away to the demon world. We'd continued texting and had plans to meet up this afternoon to go to Brew, a little cafe in B.C. Central. It felt nice to finally have a friend. Although we weren't that close yet and weren't attached to the hip, it still felt nice to know someone from high school for once.

"So, I'm thinking we go explore B.C. South after coffee and cake?" Aleksa leans against a locker, staring at me with a grin.

I nod, "That sounds good. Although I'm going to be having hot chocolate and cake. And maybe a few cookies." I thought being a demon would curb my appetite. But no, it was still very much intact. It had increased actually. I'd finished all the snacks Verona had sent over in a day. I'd thrown away the lemon tea, however. Tipped that tumbler over the sink as much as it pained me to do so.

"Finally, a foodie!" Aleksa exclaims.

I laugh, "Oh, you have no idea."

Aleksandria Monroe was sweet. And kind. And pretty. She could've been one of the popular girls. I was glad she was talking to me, however.

The popular girls in this school - as much as I didn't want to stereotype and generalize - were not the nicest. Back in eighth grade, I'd been close with a few of them. We weren't friends but that's the show they liked to put on. They liked to poke fun at my weight and appearance and I'd been pathetic enough to laugh along and accept it. Turns out they only needed me to make themselves look good.

'Fat girls like you are loyal and reliable. You'd never steal our man or take the spotlight away from us.' One of them had said to me. I'd known this but I'd stuck by them to feel like I belonged somewhere in high school. Then I realized I was happier in my room listening to music and sitting on my balcony than I was with them. I'd broken off ties and now when they saw me, they pretended they didn't know me.