Chapter 11: I Told You So.

Shout out to my three new followers! AngelaFBryant, mandi97, and iceprincess1983

Listen to song while reading! (NOT CLAIMING RIGHTS TO SONG)

__________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

As I was performing I thought I felt someone staring at me. But my wolf didn't seem worried by it in the slightest, so I ignored it. I finished my current song and then stiffened. I smelt his intoxicating scent before I saw him.  

I caught a whiff of apples and freshly sanded wood - that was what he smelled like. It was mouthwatering in some weird way. Then, almost as if a magnet was pulling them, my eyes zoned in on him. He looked exactly the same. Maybe a little tired, unshaven, and possibly a little thin... He still looked as enticing as ever though. All I wanted to do was run into his arms. And for a brief moment it was like the missing piece of the puzzle fell into place. I felt the bond instantly start reforming the moment I looked into his deep pools for eyes. It was like they pulled me in. It was then that I was snapped back into reality.  

I felt my wolf surface in an attempt to go to her mate. My vision started to turn slightly red, so I closed my eyes in an attempt to calm myself down. It also gave me the chance to break out of the trance his eyes always seemed to put me in. I took a deep breath to calm myself, but all I inhaled was his scent. And all this did was rile up my wolf once again! Ugh! 

I knew I had no chance of escaping before he caught up to me, so I decided that I should continue on with my performance, like nothing was wrong so Riley and Phillip don't suspect anything. I'm still not exactly ready for either of them to know about this... but it's starting to look like I'm going to have no choice but to tell someone. Well doesn't my life just suck? Just as everything is starting to look up, he has to come and ruin everything! I hate him! NO YOU DON'T! My wolf yelled at me in my head. Ouch, she is loud. I wouldn't have to be so loud if you would stop lying to yourself! You love him already, and you may hate that, but you DON'T hate him! My wolf was for sure annoying.  

I let out a frustrated growl. Now I have to perform my song in front of him too! Fine. Maybe he will learn a little something from it. I turned to the crowd and announced, "This song goes out to a person here tonight. You know who you are." I looked Damen in the eye. I had to fight my wolf for control once again. But it was worth it. He looked crushed by my hateful stare. Good. He deserved it. 

I turned to the band and told them to follow my lead. I began my final song of the evening. After this, I would beat Sam's ass and teach my mate a little lesson. 

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

As soon as her eyes left mine I felt empty. It was like a piece of me was gone. I wanted it back.  

All I wanted to do was run up there and beg her to take my back. But I knew she wouldn't react well to that. All I wanted was to hold her in my arms, to feel her head against my chest. Look, Im whipped and I'm not even with her yet! I couldn't wait for the day that she finally agrees to be mine. I am determined to win her over. I'll explain everything to her. I will make it up to her. 

But my heart sunk at her next words. "This song goes out to a person here tonight. You know who you are." Once again I was graced with her gorgeous eyes, they were just stone cold and was that a little red? What? I took another look, but it was gone... Strange... 

Then she began to sing with her angelic voice. How had I not known she could sing? My heart sunk at her words... 

Your voice is like a ghost inside my head