Ch 77: A Chance

A/N: guys there are like 3-5 chapters left in book one!!!

on the very last chapter I shall release the name of the next book :D 

Callas outfit above!

~~

Calla POV:

"what would you do if I told you I killed forty-one people in the span of two years?"

Donavan laughed, "Like you pretty little you could kill forty-one people. But if I did meet someone who had I would turn them in."

I nodded, yeah there is totally something wrong with Kaden. "Yeah that would be rational...hey Donavan where is Kaden?"

"Oh he barged into Aldrics room early this morning and the two have been arguing like mad men since, It was like a verbal war zone when I walked in to bring them breakfast."

"...oh did you hear anything."

He hesitated, "Calla...while you are Kadens lover and I Aldrics I am still held by contract to keep silent about what I hear."

I pouted, "please Donavan? Is Kaden mad at me?"

He snorted, "far from it, he seems more entranced with you than ever Calla..I wish Aldric would take a lesson or two from his big brother. I may not be a woman but I happen to like flowers. From what I heard Kaden filled an entire ballroom with Calla Lilies for you! no one even knew it but ugh how romantic!"

"He also filled his bedroom with flowers and lavender candles once to get me to relax."

"Calla sweetheart do me a favor?"

"what?"

"Become so fat and ugly that Kaden turns gay and give him to me."

"no. he's mine."

Donavan let out a dramatic sigh, "Well at least Aldric is good with my little sister. this one time she got very upset because her favorite nail salon closed down so Aldric sat down for an entire afternoon and learned how to paint nails expertly juts to surprise her and make her happy because he knows how much she means to me."

"That explains so much you don't even know."

He laughed, "yes well, Aldric isn't open with his emotions but I know he loves me."

"How long have you two been together?"

The man before me reverted to a happy teenage girl I swear, "its almost been fifty years, not long but you know how that goes."

I went quiet, I didnt know. in fifty years I would be old and wrinkled no longer able to be with Kaden the way I want.

Seeming to realize his mistake Donavan bit his lip, "shit oh my god I'm so sorry Calla I didn't think I just I-"

I spread a smile on my face, "its okay Donavan I know you didn't mean any harm."

He still had that guilty look on his face.

"Kaden and I we are doing the best we can with what we have and I'm happy, I love him, and I love the way things are now."

"You are such a sweet girl Calla I don't know what Ka-"

Someone knocked on the door, Donavan stood reclaiming his butler persona and went to answer it.

A maid whispered to him and he nodded.

"Calla, the king has summoned you and wishes me to take you to his chambers."

"his chambers?"

Donavan looked as worried as I felt, "yes."

I nodded and followed the blonde vampire through the Palace's winding halls.

~~

The kings private chambers were about what I expected from the bastard. 

Gold and shiny.

I stared at the man as he lounged on a large couch, slowly walking into the cold tile room, my heels clicking every step of the way.

The king gestured for me to sit across from him. 

I did.

"Calla."

I smiled at him, "good morning your highness."

He waved me off, "do you know why you are here?"

I bit back the snide remark, "I am sorry to say I do not your majesty."

"Because I want you as my pet."

Well that escalated quickly.

"That disgrace of a vampire..in possession of a pet of your caliber is disgusting. You need the finest of things, not some bastard."

I inclined my head at him, "I am very happy with m'lord I am sorry but unless he choses to sell me I may not leave."

He make a strange sound at the back of his throat, "you know little pet, one of my pets came to me with some interesting information."

My heart stopped for a moment, "did she?"

"yes, Nina is such a sweet girl and came crying saying that your owner had tried to touch her In a way only the sick in the mind touch a pet."

That lying little skank! "I can assure you your highness Lord Dawson would never do such a thing."

The king looked me over for a long moment, "Nina is no liar, I am afraid I am going to have to investigate that disgraceful mans actions further. Tell me has he ever touch you?"

Shit shit shit, "no your highness as I has said Lord Dawson would never do such a thing."

"do consider my offer Calla, you are dismissed."

I hesitated a moment before walking calmly from the room.

Donavan was waiting in the hall when the door shut behind me, "so? how did it go?"

I grabbed his hand and ushered him through the hall picking up speed when I knew the king could no longer hear, "take me to Kaden we have to get out of here now!"

Donavan looked utterly shocked but picked me up and ran straight to where I needed barging into the prince's room.

Thank god for vampire speed.

The two brothers stopped mid argument to stare at us, "Calla?"

"Kaden we need to leave."

His eyes widened, glancing at Aldric he shook his head, "baby we can't I-"

"HE KNOWS KADEN THAT LITTLE BITCH MADE UP A BULLSHIT STORY THAT MADE SENSE AND NOW HE KNOWS!"

His brows furrowed, "What?"

"Your father thinks your a pet molester and asked me if we had ever done the mattress mambo and proceeded to say he would be investigating you! we need to leave!"

The entire room was in a frozen state of shock until Kaden ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, "no Calla we can't."

"Why not?!"

He glanced at Aldric once more, "because my brother thinks he has found a way to give us a forever. it is incredibly flawed and dangerous...but its a chance for us."

I blinked, "A chance?"

Aldric smiled a bit, "the plan isn't fully formed but I think I can give you two a chance."

Oh. my. god.

I looked at Kaden, he smiled softly at me.

I sighed, "..we can't leave."

"No baby we can't. not yet. Not when this was just thrown at us."