Chapter 19

While Dana waited upstairs in her apartment, hoping for everything to fall into place, Stella, the female officer posing as her made her way down to where the car waited. She was dressed like Dana and wore her hair like her as well. She scanned the area inconspicuously while walking to the car with style and grace, mentally playing the whole mission in her head based on her briefing.

Across the street, there were two officers on standby, ready to provide backup if needed. There was a man standing near a pay phone on the street, just a few steps away from the car, looking engrossed in a conversation with someone on the phone but in reality was completely aware of Stella walking towards the car with a clear view of the driver. Another man stood behind the car, ready to attack the driver. A few cars behind William's car was Detective Ross' car, in which 5 officers watched the scene play with acute attention and alertness.

They all watched as Stella got into the car very casually and waited for the officer standing near the pay phone to signal them. The driver looked in the rear view mirror and immediately looked twice, clearly realizing that the woman in the car wasn't Dana. In a split second, on one gesture of the officer near the pay phone, the officer standing behind the car sprinted to the other side and got in the back seat, surprising the driver by his quick actions.

"What the fuck?!" The driver reached for his gun but the officer was quicker and injected him with a syringe in the neck. 

At the same time the officer who was near the pay phone opened the door to the driver's seat and pushed the driver to the passenger seat, getting in the car himself.William Dawson wouldn't know what's coming, Stella thought smugly as they drove to William's place, thanks to the address already entered in the car's GPS.

The substance that was injected in the driver's body had disabled him but took a few seconds to bring him to complete unconsciousness because he refused to give in. Right before passing out, he weakly pressed an 'alert' button on a small device in his pocket that notified William and his men about the possibility of danger.

~~~

Dana paced around the house, cracking her knuckles nervously. "They must be on their way to his house right now, right?"

Ethan sighed, grabbed her waist and pulled her down on the couch along with him. "You stress too much, babe." He shuffled and got comfortable, making her sit in his lap.

"What?" She asked when he wouldn't stop staring at her. He answered her question by kissing her unexpectedly. 

Dana felt that similar sense of satisfaction and calmness wash over her when his lips touched her. This man, who had the power to annoy her until she'd want to pull her hair out, also had the power to make her heart melt with just one touch.

It was like her body melted against his. She leaned back, resting her back on the couch, pulling him on top of her. When they separated, they were breathing heavily, staring at each other. 

"You really know how to get my mind off things, Salvay." She whispered, with half dazed look on her face.

"I tend to have that effect on the ladies" he joked, planting another quick kiss on her lips before getting off her, almost making her protest. The need for Ethan Salvay couldn't just be satisfied with a mere kiss, no matter how passionate. "Come," he said, standing up and holding out his hand.

She groaned. "Where?"

"You need to eat something. I haven't seen you around food today." He dragged her to the kitchen. "Cook, woman. Feed me something too."

Dana slapped his chest and laughed. "You cook, man. You're the one hungry here."

"Sure. I can cook for us. I can be nice." Ethan shrugged, opening her fridge. "Except, you don't have much in here."