Chapter 2 |~| Bruised and Scarred

Song ~ Bruised and Scarred by Mayday Parade

There was, of course, a reason I had a certain avoidance towards these boys from my school.

I would say that they bully me, but that feels too overused even though that was my case.

They've called me names and pushed me around along with physical doings.

Just a little over a year ago, my young and naive 15 year old self though that she could over come these bullies. Stand up from them, defect an upcoming punch, but no, nothing worked, it's actually worsened and I eventually gave up.

Now, at school, it wasn't that bad. Occasionally there where taunts and sometimes they'd spread ruthless unrealistic rumors.
It was very unusual how they knew what broke me down. My weaknesses where clear to them.

But, Ashton Irwin was a whole different story.

He was my main abuser.

Now, Ashton was two years older than me, making it relieving to not have him in the same grade and same school.

Well, the school part is screwed up now isn't it?

"Okay class!" Mrs. Agustin says excitedly.

"This year we're going to talk about Morals and Hidden meanings."

Everyone listened intently at her words.
In my mind I instantly thought about American Idiot, mentally singing it.

"This year we are also pairing up with Mr. Johnson; also known as the school's music teacher."

Just as she finishes her words, Mr. Johnson strides into the room.

"Thought you'd never see me, would 'ya?" He asks jokingly making us usually unamused teenagers to smile brightly or even laugh if we had the courage.

Mrs. Agustin makes her way to the very back of the class and props herself up onto a high chair and hands the class over to Mr. Johnson.
Well, her job is easy.

"Okay, let's get right to it." Mr. Johnson starts.

"This year is going to be slightly different than the others.."

"We don't have homework?" I asked hopefully.

As everyone, including the teacher, laughed; I felt a sudden sting of happiness. That soon faded away when I realized I've brought the attention of a certain new student.

Shoot

Finally, Mr. Johnson calms everyone's laughter telling us that 'we've already had to much fun for school'.

"As I was saying," He said before sending me a playful glare. 
"We're going to pair up into couples and combine the art of hidden meaning with other literary works. Now, many of you I know have music with me. So I'm going to be pairing you all up aaaaaaand,"
He extended the and making us all on the edge of our seats.
"We'll be performing a handwritten song by you guys for the entire school!"

Okay, cue the pin dropping. Any takers? No? Okay...

The silence was then cut when the bell rang; causing me to almost jump out of my seat.
Seriously? It's been an hour Already?!?
Just as us students where about to pick up are bags and sky rocket out of year; Mr. Johnson flails his arms around like a penguin turning our attention onto him.

"The pairs shall be written on the school directory tomorrow! Make sure you grab a pack which contains all the information needed. Oh! And have an amazing first day!!"