The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 5]

A/N: Hey guys! Ok, so I wanted to make this clear right now before I get into the story. I like writing lyrics, but the problem is, you guys wouldn't know how the lyrics sound to music. So for the purposes of this story, I'm going to use the songs of real life bands and musicians and make them the songs that The Velocity sings. Now, don't yell at me for stealing other people's material. I am giving credit where credit is due. The majority of the songs in this story, if not all, are songs sung by legitimate artists. Whenever I use a song, I will put the real artist's name at the end of the part. But in my story, I will say that the song is The Velocity's (even though it isn't). Get it? So each time The Velocity sings a song, I can post the corresponding Youtube video. With that said, enjoy!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

"This is our recording studio," Caleb said, opening the door to a large, nicely built studio in the basement of his home.

"This is where all the magic happens," Liam told me.

"It looks awesome," I commented.

"Did you get a chance to listen to our songs?" Camron asked. I nodded.

"I like them. A lot. They're really catchy," I replied.

"Bryan and Ian used to write the songs together. We only have the four that we gave you. But we're going to have to do them over again, and put your vocals in. I spent the week rewriting the music for your range. You can read sheet music, right?" Caleb asked me.

"Yeah, I was a choir nerd in high school," I answered. He laughed.

"Awesome. Here's the music," he said, handing me a stack of papers. "We'll work on a song a week, to fit your schedule and give us time to mess with the sound and stuff," he explained.

"Sounds good to me," I said. I looked around. "Where's Ian?" I asked.

"He's in full writing mode right now. We're not going to disturb him. He got an idea at 3 am last night and has been up since," Camron told me.

"He's really serious about this," I said.

"We all are, Vanessa. This band is really important for us. We've been together since high school and we've worked so hard on it, perfecting our sound. Now we finally feel like we're ready," Caleb told me, his blue eyes soft.

"We want to be discovered. And we were. But Bryan took the label and ran away. Now we have to get another one. That's our main goal right now," Liam explained. I nodded. I knew what they wanted. I just thought they had really high expectations. We were in Beverly Hills, after all. Everyone here was an aspiring musician or performer waiting to be discovered. We had to really stand out. But I guess that's why they had me.

"So, let's get working, shall we?" Caleb suggested. I stepped into the studio and looked at the sheet music for the first song, titled 'I'm Not One for Complaining, But..."

I read through the lyrics a few times, trying to get a feel for them, and then listened their original version.

"We wanted it to be a song with both the girl's and guy's vocals. So I'm going to be singing with you," Caleb said.

"You sing, too?" I asked.

"I used to be the main back-up for Bryan," he said. I nodded. "Let's do like a cold read first, without the music. And then we'll move to just guitar. What we really need to do is just take out Bryan's vocals in the demo and replace them with our's," Caleb told me.

"Ok," I said. So we started. I read through the lyrics, marking the ones that I was going to sing. Then we went through it again a few times and sang them together. Then Caleb left to take care of a few things and I sat and sang my parts, practicing and getting used to really using my voice. When Caleb came back after a few hours, I had the song and my part completely memorized.