Chapter 13

Caleb

I ran in the forest for hours, trying to release my anger. I was furious at myself. Seven hours ago, I tried marking Piper. My wolf took complete control. After I heard her screaming in her room, my wolf was on edge. He wanted to mark his mate so we could feel her emotions, so we know when she was in trouble.

Luckily, before I marked her, Tyler, Wyatt, and a few warriors pulled me out of the room. Since then, I've been running. Unfortunately, my legs are ready to give out on me. I shifted back into my human form, but I was still filled with anger. So I took it out on the trees. I punched the tree next to me until it fell down, then moved onto the next tree. And the next tree.

"What did that poor tree do to you?" a voice questioned from behind me. I sent a final blow to the tree, knocking it down; before turning to face Amanda.

I took a deep breath and clenched my fists. "Not now, Amanda. Go home" I demanded. I started walking away, but she moved in front of me, blocking my path. I turned to walk the other way, but again, she ran in front of me.

Amanda stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I heard what happened" she whispered. My claws extended, digging into my palms. "Caleb, it wasn't your fault"

I broke away from her and continued my assault on the trees. I didn't have her permission to do anything. Hell, I shouldn't have even touched her. She probably hates me. What if she leaves? What if she rejects me? My parents would be so disappointed in me. All because I couldn't control myself.

Its my fault. I should've had more control. "Stop" Amanda said softly as she pulled me away from a tree. We sat down a large rock. "Piper doesn't hate you. She's not going to leave. She won't reject you. And don't for a second think that Mom and Dad would be disappointed" she stated.

Amanda is one of the lucky werewolves who got a special power. Like Toby, he has the power to look into your memories. Amanda can read minds, but she hasn't mastered it. So she can only go into people's heads at their weak points: when they can't control emotions or during sleep.

Sighing, I buried my face into my hands. "I should've controlled my wolf. I should've stayed away from her" I mumbled.

Amanda softly rubbed my back. "It's not your fault" she repeated. "You have Alpha blood. Your wolf would be more dominant. He would be more possessive and demanding. You just have to learn to control it" I ran my hand through my hair. I don't even know how to control him. When it comes to Piper, he's uncontrollable. "You should as Toby for help" Amanda suggested.

That might work. Toby was an Alpha, he had to have gone through this. I nodded in agreement. "But I can't be at the pack house" I said sternly. "I'm not gonna risk it. I'll stay somewhere else until I can control my wolf" I decided. Nothing like that is ever gonna happen again. Even if I have to stay away from Piper for years.

My sister nodded. "Where are you gonna stay?" she questioned.

I shrugged. "I can't be too far from the pack" I stated. I still have my Alpha duties, and I want to be able to come back if there is an emergency. "Maybe I'll stay at Grandma's" I suggested. My grandmother lives on pack land, but she has her own little house.

"I'm sure she'll love to spent time with you" Amanda mused. I nodded in agreement. "I'll visit. I miss Grammy" she stated.

Smiling, I stood up. "We should head back" I proposed. Amanda agreed and we started walking back. "Stay out of my head next time" I said while gently bumping her.

Amanda bumped me back. "Maybe you should make your mind stronger instead of working out your body. It might take a while. I mean, your brain is so small" she teased.