Losing Brain cells

"No Sasha we can't do that for our presentation. " I have been talking to this girl for an hour and we have gotten no freaking where. My brain is exhausted. Pinching the bridge of my nose I stare at the girl in front of me trying my hardest not to scream at her. Seriously everything I suggest she says "no Manny that sounds like a lot of work" and everything she suggests is utter stupidity. I just want to do the damn thing by myself and gladly put her name on it. I would do anything to not have to speak to this girl for the rest of the damn school year. We have been in this library for the past two hours. School was over at 3 pm it is now 5 pm I want to go home.

"Manny you're not listening to anything I am saying to you. We can make this presentation hot." She said flipping her hair over her shoulder. I promise you my brain cells are dying slowly but surely.

"I am going home. We can talk about this more tomorrow and finalize things. Goodbye." Grabbing my stuff I practically ran out of the library. There was barely anyone in the building minus a few janitors and some kids who had practice. Pulling my sweater closer to my body I ran to my car. I pulled out and drove home without even looking back. I cannot handle dealing with people who make no sense for too long and to top it all off apparently Marco and Nile aren't going to be there for the project. So, I am stuck with little miss crazy. Parking in front of the house instead of in the garage I instantly feel relieved just being home.

" Dad!" I yell dropping my bag by the door and kicking off my shoes. "Daddy!" I yell again when I don't get a response. He usually answers first call. Walking into his office I see that he has his glasses on and headphones in his ears. His desk was a mess of files and his brow was furrowed the way it always got when he was focused. Placing my arm on his shoulder I tapped him lightly.

"Dad?" I said softly.

"Hey panda. When did you get home?" He asked not taking his eyes off the files he was looking at.

" A little while ago. What are you working on?"

"Oh nothing that really concerns you sweetheart. Do you mind phoning it in for dinner tonight?" Dad asked which is weird because he never endorsed take out. He called take out lazy food.

" I don't mind, but what's going on?"

"Nothing for you to worry about sweetheart. I'll be up when I'm finished here." He said practically shooing me away. I caught a quick glance at a picture on the file and it looked like a younger version of Nile. Before I could ask any other questions dad practically pushed me out of the door. A nervous feeling settled in the pit of my stomach that I couldn't shake off.

After ordering Chinese and finishing my project it was about 9 o clock and dad still hadn't come up. He said he would be finished soon the third time I checked on him so I assumed he'd just be sleeping down there. Nile hasn't replied to any of my text messages and I didn't bother calling. I just assumed something came up that's why he didn't come. I need to go to sleep Sasha wants to have a breakfast meeting. My eyes are going to pop out my head from rolling them so damn much. My phone dinged and the only thing I could do was pray that it wasn't Sasha.

Bighead: U up? Praise the good Lord it Nile instead of her.

Manny: I'm not that much of a grandma.

Bighead: I need u.

Those three words hit me like a brick. I read the test like seven times processing it in my head. It both scared me and excited me at the same time. The nervous feeling in my stomach amplified making me fearful of what he needed.