Chapter Ten

I sat on the chair, nervously playing with my fingernails. Waiting to be asked questions about Vicki. I sat there patiently waiting for Sheriff Forbes to ask.

"What was her behavior like these last few days before she left?"

"On and off."

"Did she say where she was going?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "No."

"Tell me again about her behavior?"

"Up and down. Very sketchy, like, she was coming down from some major partying," I said, trying not to lose my voice.

"Any signs of aggression or violence?"

"I don't think so. No," I solemnly answered, even though it was a lie.

"So, you believe that Vicki Donovan really has left town?"

"Yes," I nod.

"All right. You may leave," Sheriff said to me.

I quickly left the Sheriff's office and walked over to Jenna. "Hey, I'm going to wait outside. I need some fresh air." I walked out of the station. I took a deep breath once I was outside, running my fingers through my hair.

I turn around and let out a loud gasp when I almost crashed into a familiar figure. "Seriously, Stefan. Are you trying to give me a heart attack." I slap his chest.

He just gives me a small smile. "Sorry. How are you feeling?"

"Like I'm trapped in confinement room, with barely any air."

"It'll be ok."

I look at him with slight disbelief. "Will it?"

Stefan didn't reply, he just looked at me for a moment before turning his attention back to the station.

I hear footsteps coming towards us, I look up to see Elena, Jenna, and Jeremy coming over. Elena caught sight of us and quickly makes her way to us.

"We'll meet you guys at the car," Elena tells them and they nodded their heads and walked towards the car.

"You ok?" Stefan asked.

"I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know," Elena replied.

"Thank you."

"I can't do this, Stefan. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy...all I think is that Vicki is never going to come back. And they'll never know why," Elena said. "Around you, people get hurt and people die and I just - I can't. Its just...it's too much."

"Why don't the three of us go somewhere and talk about it?" Stefan suggested.

"Elena shook her head. "No, Stefan, you have to stay away from me and Lys."

I was about to argue back, but Elena gave me a look that shut me up. She gave Stefan one last look before grabbing my wrist and drags me to the car. I look back at Stefan, seeing the hurt etched upon his face.

The entire car ride home was silent and awkward.

When we get home, Elena goes to the living room and it's down on the couch. I sit down next to her, pick up her hands and laid my head down on her lap. She gives me an 'are you kidding me,' look. Which I return with a cheeky smile.

I hear Jenna chuckling as she sits down next to Elena. "You guys are wallowing."

"So are you," Elena grumble out.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped," Jenna explained.

"Yeah, well, Logan's a jerk," I tell her.