Chapter 1: The News

"Dad!" I screamed frantically. "Dad, get in here! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" I was practically having a panic attack now. "WHAT HAPPENED!" He was running down the hallway. "Are you okay?" He exclaimed with more concern on his face than I have ever seen before. "BOWSER'S HERE!" I yelled. "OH MY JUICE! Scoot over!" I handed him the Wii remote and jumped on the arm chair to my left. "Get the fire flower! NO THE OTHER WAY!" I felt like a back seat driver. "Let me focus." My dad said calmly. "You're almost there! ONE MORE HIT !" I stuffed my face with a handful of popcorn in anticipation. Suddenly, the TV flashed red and started blaring the child abduction alarms. "NO, WE WERE SO CLOSE!" My dad yelled furiously. "This seems serious, listen." I replied quietly. A blonde News Reporter appeared on the screen.

"We interrupt your regularly scheduled program with some breaking news."

"Yep, this is important." Dad stated. "Shhhh!" I whispered.

"A fatal disease that seems to have a zombifying effect on people has spread through the following states."

"Oh no." I said under my breath.

"Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and is spreading quickly. Fox news advises you to stay indoors until further notice."

The alarm stopped and the reporter was gone. Nobody moved.