Chapter One

Ebony was an average looking girl, she had dark skin, long black hair (which she normally kept in a braid,) and dark chocolate eyes. She was also a very mysterious girl one could say, her mind always elsewhere. But no matter, this will be "attended to" at a later time. But as mysterious as she was, she was quiet, so the principal was surprised when she paid him a visit in his office carrying matches and clover.
"Good day Ebony, what brings you here?" inquired the principal, Mr. Fine.
"Miss Meetchum sent me down because I did something wrong," said Ebony.
"And what did you do wrong?"
"Absouloutly nothing! I just wanted to show to her that what she had said was scientifically inaccurate!" cried Ebony, her eyes ablaze.
"What did she say, Miss Equiss?" said Mr. Fine now slightly alarmed, surely he could not have his 8th grade teachers saying the wrong things.
"She said the Indians set fire to wood that they had just cut. Surely they could not have just cut it because it is still wet!" declared Ebony, chin held high.
"And what did she say?" asked Mr. Fine, even more alarmed.
"She said to, and I quote 'I am the teacher, Miss Equiss, and you are the student, never forget that. If you have a problem with my teaching, tough cheese' " said Ebony, recalling the incident, furious.
"And then?"
"I made a demonstation," spoke Ebony.
"What kind of demomstration?" asked Mr. Fine, although he fully knew the answer.
"I burned some clover" she said, "then I was sent here," she muttered bitterly
"WHAT!?!? YOU CANNOT JUST GO ABOUT MY CLASSROMS SETTING FIRE TO CLOVER!!!!" shrieked Mr. Fine.
"But why not?" she asked, sinking in her chair, "it was controlled," she murmured meekly.
"I don't know what has come over you, to do such irresponsible things, but you will be suspended from this private school for a week, maybe that will teach you," said Mr. Fine severely, "and be assured, if you set fire to one more thing, there will be more severe consequences."
"But-- yes sir," said Ebony slinking away from Mr. Fine's office.

Ebony walked back towards the eighth grade hallway and almost went head to head with Nora, the most popular girl in school.
"Hey, E-bony, did you try blowing up Fine's paperweight, or was it too heavy for you?" smirked Nora
"As a matter of fact, no, but would you please move out of the way so I can go to my locker?" she asked, drawing herself up to her full height.
"Of couse my liege," said Nora bowing down to her dramatically.
Ebony warily walked past her and as soon as she did, Nora tripped her.
"Don't trip yourself on the way out!" cackled Nora.
Now all Ebony wanted to do was leave this horrible, torturous place.