Chapter 5

*Janice Pov*

I am again waiting for him at the dining table. I guess I should have my food already. This is too much.

It's been one month, and he is just avoiding me. I was like okay with it because he needs space to get closure on Parul topic.

And at present I really want to sleep rather than waiting for a husband who is out there busy with his friends.

I want to talk with his parents actually I tried in the first week but all they have to say is he is my husband, and I should take care that he fulfills his responsibilities in the company to which he is not going from the time we got married.

One after the other I am seeing nothing but a hole in the ground. I am trying to cover up them, but he is trying his best to uncover them.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it is past twelve. That's it! I can't sit calmly like everyday.

I have my own problems with my job and all. This is all new to me as well to take care of the house and then job.

I finished having my dinner and walked inside our room. I paced in the room waiting for him, and he finally came after another hour.

"Did you have dinner?" I asked him when he entered the room.

"Yeah! I had with my friends." He replied nodding.

"David! With this pace we are going, I don't think this is good for our lives at all." I said directly.

"What do you mean?" he asked frowning.

"I mean you are escaping by the time I get ready and coming home late. On top of that you are not going to the office. I don't even know what to think about all this." I replied.

"Are you complaining?" he asked frowning.

"No! I am telling you what I am feeling." I replied and he nodded, sitting on the bed.

"It's just my friends are asking for party one after the other, so I am busy with that. But don't worry I decided to go to the office from tomorrow onwards again. I just thought if I go to the office by the next day itself people may talk so." He explained, and I sighed in relief.

"I really didn't think about it. But thank you for listening." I said holding his hand.

"So now as I am going to the office, we will postpone our honeymoon." He said smiling.

"Oh, ok!" I mumbled, not knowing what to say about it.

"I will go and freshen up." He said walking inside the washroom while I walked outside the room to switch off all the lights and then bolted the door other than the lock.

We both lay on the different sides of the bed and drifted off into sleep with our backs facing each other.

I wish he moves on and starts our new life soon.

*Adithya Pov*

I walked in our room completely tired and saw her standing near the window looking outside like every day for the past one month.

"I will freshen up and then we both will have dinner with my parents." I said taking out my clothes.

I took a long bath feeling my muscles relaxed in the hot water. The work has really increased these days, and the retirements are also more.

But it is a good thing as there is a chance for the promotion which I want at any cost. I want to give a good life and increased salary is really helpful.

I can't and will not ask Dad for money and staying in the house is the big thing I am doing just for my parents and Parul.

"Let's go!" I said walking outside.

"I don't want to have dinner." She mumbled, not turning around.

"Why? Are you fine?" I asked her frowning.

"Do we have to stay at your parent's house?" She asked turning around.

"What happened?" I asked her back.

"Just tell me. Can't we stay at some other place?" She asked frowning.

"Parul! I don't know what happens in my work every day. I may get late sometimes so it is safe for you to stay here with them and not alone." I replied.

"But they are questioning everything I am doing." She said sighing.

"I went to a party today and returned little late, but earlier than everyone in that party. But still I get your parents disappointed looks." She added.

"They worry about you and that's all. Don't think too much." I said, holding her hand, and she nodded.

"And also, if we go separately, then we have to live in a small house and reduce much spending." I added, and she nodded frowning.

We both walked downstairs and started having our dinner. They asked about Parul what she is doing and all, and she replied honestly, when I nodded at her.

"What is this? I thought you would leave that job and join the business after marriage. But now the problem is our daughter-in-law wants to be a model. That is not good for the family name." Dad said shaking his head.

"Dad! I will never leave my job, and about Parul let her do what she wants." I said, and Parul smiled at me.

"If anything wrong attaches to the family name, I will not ignore that." He finally said when we both had a few words regarding her passion.

"Thank you so much Adithya. I never thought your parents had any problem with any of it. I mean, if I know about this earlier then I would have never listened to my dad." She said shaking her head.

"What do you mean?" I asked her frowning.

"I... mean this is arranged marriage right. I would have never accepted if I know the family will have a problem with my choice of career." She replied and lay on the bed.

"They will be fine, but you really need to start your career soon." I said, because she did small assignments, but she needs to do more to reach the heights she wants.

"I am trying." She mumbled.

"I may not get leave for a few months, so I am thinking of postponing the honeymoon. Is that ok with you?" I asked her.

"Of course! I will be busy too, so that is a really good thing." She said, turning away when I lay on the bed.

"Can you never leave the job and take over the business? It will give you more money, right?" She calmly asked.

"But it will never give me the satisfaction and sleep I get every night." I replied, and we both drifted off into sleep.

I wish she moves on, and we will start our new life soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

i know i know late one but was just busy with some work..

How is the chap??

Comment plz and vote.........