Camping Trip

"I miss TV," Jay mumbles.

"We've only been out here for an hour," you laugh. "Relax. One night without video games won't kill you."

Jay sighs. "Oh, sure. What doesn't kill me drives me insane."

"Quit whining and help me set up the tent," you say with a grin. "You might even learn to appreciate nature for a change."

"Can't I appreciate nature from my room?"

"No." you toss Jay a tarp to put the tent on top of and a bundle of stakes. "Here, hold these."

Jay helps you spread out the tarp and stake it down, and then get the tent put up. You're staking down the back of the tent while Jay does the ropes attached to the rain fly when he runs into a problem.

"Uh, y/n, one of the loops came undone," Jay calls.

"So retie it!" you call back.

"Um...I don't know how!" Jay replies. You walk around the tent to see him holding a knotted mess of rope.

You laugh. "You can beat me at every video game known to man, but you can't tie a decent slip knot?"

Jay's face is bright red. "You're not helping, y/n!"

You walk Jay through the process of putting a slip knot on a rope. Once the rain fly is staked down, you build a campfire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

"Having fun yet?" you ask cheerfully.

Jay scowls. "Oh, yes, I'm absolutely loving this! There's no internet, no video games, no TV, I smell like smoke, and I think I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes!"

You nudge his arm. "Hey, be positive!"

"Fine. I'm positive I'm being eaten alive by mosquitos."

"Didn't you use the bug spray?"

"I did, but they're still after me! I've got bug bites all over! I swear—"

You hold up a hand, cutting Jay off. "Peace! I will stop your mouth."

"What does that—mmff!" Jay makes a startled noise as you lean in and kiss him.

"But it's worth it," Jay finishes dreamily when you pull away.