The Romeo and Juliet Project

+Chloe's POV+

I felt like a zombie...

And upon further inspection, I came to find out that I looked like one too, "What happened to my face...and my arms?" I asked Dom after seeing the bloodied scratches. Angelo was driving so I didn't bother to ask him, knowing that he wasn't a great multitasker.

"Do you remember anything, gattina?" He asked and I shook my head. "Sienna and Lorenzo brought you to a club and then they shot heroin into your system."

I kinda remember that. That doesn't explain the scratches though.

"You got too much, so we took you to the hospital where you preceded to flip the fuck out. You thought there were spiders on you, so you scratched as hard as you could. Got Angelo pretty good too," he motioned to Angelo's cheek where a small little scratch had formed.

"It doesn't even hurt," he commented, as if we were all gonna think he was weak or something if he said it did in fact hurt.

"So...what's with the getups? Where we going?" I took in the sights of the two mafia men in clothing the exact opposite of what they should be wearing. They were dressed as cops.

Weirdos.

"Your house. Gotta tell your daddy what happened so you don't get shot," Dom said. "Sienna's probably already over there lying."

"Probably. You know we're going the wrong way right? My house is on the opposite side of the city in the other direction."

Angelo sighed, "Well shit."

+
+
+

It seemed like the walk up the driveway was longer than it usually was. I mean, it was no small thing so walking it never was quick, but it just seemed a lot longer now.

I was shocked to see my dad and Violet standing outside the front door, as if they knew to expect us. I raced over to my dad and wrapped my arms around him. I haven't hugged him in a long time, it was much needed. "Are you ok, Chloe? Are you hurt?" He asked.

I shook my head, instantly changing my mind, "Well actually I'm not ok, no thanks to Sienna and Lorenzo. Dad, why did you let me go with them? Why do you even let Sienna out of the house? She's a monster."

"I left it up to you, Chloe. You chose to go with them."

Touché daddio.

"So, what exactly happened?" Dad asked Dom and Angelo, being fooled by their disguises. Honestly, if he or anyone else would have looked a little harder, they would have seen that their costumes were totally cheap. "Where did you find Chloe? 'Cause Sienna said-"

Dom cleared his throat to stop my dad from saying something that was probably going to be stupid, "She just got out of the hospital, actually. I can assure you that whatever Sienna said was probably a lie. She's a drug addict. Another word for liar."

"Sienna's not the one who ran away from home though to live in New York for a month. I'm just saying that maybe she isn't the bad guy. Maybe someone shot heroin into her arm and not Chloe's," Dad said, causing all of our jaws to drop.

"Chloe could have died," Angelo stepped in. Finally. "And you're going to take sides with a repeat drug offender? Where the hell is the logic in that?"

Whoa there mafia man, don't blow your cover because of me.

Violet gave him a disapproving look, "Why are you two even here?"

"Escorting Chloe back home. Who else was going to do it? Is Lorenzo here?" Angelo asked, his patience becoming thin.

"Yeah, he's inside," dad answered immediately. "You're getting him out of my house, right?"