Twenty-Six

Nari opened the door to her house quietly. She didn't come home last night and she didn't go to school. Hopefully her gramma only knew about the school part. She hoped she could just run up the stairs into her room and lock the door. But nope. Her gramma was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for her.

"Nari! Welcome home! Lovely to see you for a change. Sit down honey." She patted the chair she had turned towards herself. Nari grimaced and sat down awkwardly.

"Would you like some water? Tea? Coffee? I made cookies!" Gramma squealed giddily.

"I'm fine-"

"I'll get you some cookies and milk then!" Her gramma jumped up, ignoring her, and bustled about the kitchen. She tapped her foot nervously. Screwed. Screwed. Screwed.

Her gramma sat down across from her and smiled.

"You missed dinner yesterday. It was quite eventful." Her gramma brushed imaginary dust off her spotless lap.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"You also skipped school today. Pity, education is very important you know." Here gramma nodded her head. She looked down and wrung her hands in her lap.

"But you probably won't need it. I feel a housewife would be more suitable for you." Her gramma smiled sweetly. She flinched at the words. She was not going to be a housewife. She could do more.

"After all you are one of the dumbest girls I have ever had the pleasure of being related to. Perhaps with the exception of your mother. The apple never falls far from the tree. But that's why I'm here." Her gramma's smile widened. She clenched her fists.

"I'm not dumb. If anyone's dumb it's you. You can't see past your little picture perfect family can you?" She growled. Her gramma inspected her nails,

"I always felt children should be seen and not heard. I also believe in punishments. Something your mother seems to have forgotten." Her gramma smiled maliciously. Her anger burst.

"I should get you some glasses because you obviously can't see that I'm not going to let you lay a hand on me and I'm not going to do what you want me to. And my mother and father are splitting up!"

"Anyways, back to last night. Your mother and father seemed to be arguing on what to do with that boyfriend of yours. It seems he is causing quite a rift in their relationship. So as your punishment I think I shall have you break it off with this Suga boy." Her gramma's eyes darkened, but she kept her stupid smile.

"What makes you think I'm going to do that you old whore." She scoffed. Her gramma's wrinkly hand smacked her squarely on the cheek. She grabbed the old woman's wrist and pulled her off her chair.

"Don't ever touch me!" She screamed. She stood and began to walk away.

"Nari." Her gramma called, chuckling.

"What?" She yelled.

"Now isn't this a bad position for you? You, pushing your gramma off a chair on to the floor. Now that I think about it my knee is starting to hurt. Oh, and my back is killing me! I think a boarding school will rid you of these violent tendencies." Her gramma smiled sweetly as she propped herself on her hands and knees on the floor. Nari looked at her in horror.

"Or, you don't know who your grandfather is do you? No matter. The point is I have more connections than you think. Perhaps I want to move your dead sister's grave. I think I shall have her exhumed. Or, I think that Suga character should be sent to jail. On multiple cases of assault. Yes, I researched your boyfriend. The moment he was mentioned. Quite a troubled boy." Her gramma smiled again and slowly began to stand. Nari watched her in horror.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." She whispered.

"If you aren't willing to do it now, I will find other ways. It's your choice." Her gramma chuckled. Nari gulped and clenched her fists.

"Fine."

"I'll be waiting for you after school and I will watch you do it. Then you will come home and follow the regular routine." Her gramma dusted off her skirt and fixed her pristine hair.

"You're an evil woman and I hate you. If I could hurt anyone in this world I would want to hurt you. You're a selfish b***h and if you think for a second that the moment you are out of my life I am ever going to speak to you again, you are wrong. And when you die, I'll make sure you get exhumed several times, or maybe I won't even let my parents bury you. I'll just cremate you and throw your ashes in a trash can!" She screamed, tears blurring her vision. This vile woman was taking away the last happy thing she had. Suga. As long as she had Suga everything was going to be okay. Now she didn't have Suga. Her grandmother's eyes darkened and her smile disappeared.

"That language will not be-"

"I don't care. And I won't be having dinner either, and if you come in my room, I'm pushing you down the stairs." She threatened and walked up to her room calmly. She closed her door and locked it. She stood still for a few seconds before screaming into a pillow and collapsing down onto the ground. She sobbed into the pillow so her grandmother wouldn't hear her. She screamed and cried, and her aches and pains came back from the beating. Her cheek burned and her ribs hurt.

She didn't have Suga anymore.

-----------------------------------------

(A/N)

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi