Aglionby Academy

The school stands tall against the harsh winds that whip its walls. The trees on the finely trimmed lawn sway viciously beneath the threatening sky that looms ahead the old stone school.  Lighting flashes dangerously close to one of the ancient spiraling towers that stand above all else. Though the grass is always freshly sprayed it still yearns for the sky to pour as the clouds promise to.

Scores of people litter the walkways and rush to the buildings from their cars while yanking their luggage along, so as not to ruin their expensive baggage, and of course the rushers' hair and costly clothing that they had bought with the finest money in their parents wallet. But amongst the groups of rushing teens and concerned parents there stands a boy that does not fit the usual mold of the other students. His brown shaggy hair lacks products and the fine grooming of a salon or the distinct brush of a parent's hand. His clothes are wrinkled and stained, though not in a way most would notice. No, the stains are from a slight oil spill that he has repeatedly washed and washed again and treated and treated with the little stain removal he could afford. His clothing is also cheap and worn, nothing like the fine crisp and new clothing  that had never been worn before and will most likely never be worn again, like what the other students wear. But what stands out most about this boy is not his appearance or lack of parents, for that was normal considering most parents may be busy with work and can not find the time to drop their children off at a school where they would be staying for the next year. No, it is the fact the the boy is constantly looking over his shoulder and pulling his sleeves down over his arms and does not run furiously towards the building in fear of the oncoming rain. Slowly, the boy looks around the area, and then equally as slowly, makes his way to the grand entrance of Aglionby Academy.

Meanwhile, across the parking lot, in the far back, an old car sits idly with four women standing close and laughing with nerves. They all stand together and smile with mixtures of sadness, joy, and the hope of a new beginning. And while they're all sad that their youngest member will be leaving home for the first time, none of them cry; they only smile and laugh and give support. But finally, the women look at the sky and decide that it is time to walk their youngest inside the building. Mother and daughter, hand in hand, and two close friends stand side by side as they all walk towards the entrance. Out of habit the daughter pulls out a small clip from her hair and readjust it back to a better place that would hold more of her short raven hair into the ponytail.

Inside the lobby already awaits a stylish and tall boy with clean cut hair and a freshly pressed Aglionby uniform. He looks around the building with a polite smile on his lips and a sparkle in his eyes. Besides him stands a tall woman that looks only a few years older. Besides her waits two smiling adults that stand tall with pride and importance. Cheerfully they hug and say their goodbyes before a teary eyed sister and smiling parents take their leave out the door, leaving the boy standing alone in the grand lobby, bustling with people. Casually, he picks up the handle of his suitcase and makes his way down the hall to the east dormitories, where the boys stay.

Already in one of the dormitory's rooms lounges two boys on their respected beds in the room they share.  The older boy with the shaved head and strange tattoos stares and the younger, smaller, and smudgier looking boy, who stares back innocently. The boy with the tattoos makes note of the boy's smudgie-ness and quiet-ness. Meanwhile, the boy with a permanently smudgey face simply wonders if his new roommate will try to throw him out the window or not.

*****time skip to dinner time*****

The girl with the short hair and clips abound stares at the door of the room she will be staying in for the next year. She already feels out of place, so the concept of how posh and rich her roommate will be has her on edge. The girl sighs in resignation and slowly opens the door.