8.It is a YÈS...

I entered the garden to see him standing by the pool of fishes, watching the crescent moon. I quietly approached him and saw myself in the pool, along with him, the moon shimmering beside our head.

He looked at my reflection and then back at the moon. I stood silently, not wanting to break the peaceful silence, and neither did he made a move to break it.

The light breeze went past us, as both of us watched the fishes swimming over the moon. It felt as if the fishes were swimming through the sky. It was beautiful to watch, and contend.

The events of the day from the hospital flashed on my mind. The way he caught me, the way i hold onto him. The warmth of his jacket.

'Shit!! Stop it Ruvee, you shouldn't be thinking all this' my mind scolded me. But my heart refused to. 'Think something good about this.' It told me again.

Something good? 'Haa Ruvee, acha hua aaj ye aa gaya. What if another person better than him came and saw me in this state, with the bandage and having difficulty in walking?' My mind consoled me.

'But Ruvee, would you have liked that guy as you like him? Will he be better than him?? Will he help a strange girl in an accident?" My heart was ready with the questions.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I missed him staring at my reflection in the water. The dark brown of his eyes were still clear in the night water.

He didn't move his eyes as mine met his, instead he kept on staring at them. Must be in some deep thought, I figured.

Slowly he shifted his eyes from the water and looked at me,making me more selfconcious. I couldn't look at him. Instead I continued to look at his reflection. Casually he diverted his gaze back to the pool.

We heard the sound of footstep behind us and turned to see Rithu entering with a tray of a teapot and glasses.

"Hot lime tea ready for you. Have it before it turns cold." She said. I reached out to help her and together we set the table with lime tea.

"Charanji come on, have a seat." She said.

"Ladies first, right?" He asked back, a small smile on his face. Rithu gave him one of her sweetest smile and looked at me, asking permission. I closed my eyes, nodding my head a bit.

She took her seat that was beside her, and lifted her head, looking at him and nodded. He laughed a quiet laugh and looked at me.

His look made me still, without breathing. He motioned me to the chair next to Rithu and opposite to him. I took a sharp breath and settled myself.

He took a seat opposite to me, and gave a sigh. Again the silence came upon all of us. Slowly I took the teapot and poured the lime tea in our cups and served it to them.

The silence grew more defeaning minute by minute. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the cutlery and the fishes jumping in the pool.

I took the sugar bowl and looked at him. "Just one will do." He told me, his first words to me since we were here. I took the same and mixed it. Later I mixed mine and Rithu's with two and sat there in silence.

"Hmm, Is it you who made this lime tea?" He asked. Thank god at least he is speaking now, I lifted my head to reply. But then immediately stopped as I saw his face inclined towards Rithu. Ugh.. He was asking Rithu not me, thank God I didn't speak and make a fool out of myself.

I guess that Rithu also felt the same as me as she was surprised to see him talking to her and not to me. "No, actually Amma made this, I just helped her with the stirring." She said.