Chapter 31 : Jōnin Exam

Ara took a deep breath, before she opened the door, and entered the office.

The blonde man gasped. "A-Ara?!"

She nodded. "For now, I will call you Tou-san." She said, as she walked towards him. She stretched out her right hand. "I don't want to have any misunderstanding between us, so I think we need to talk. I hold no grudges against you, I don't hate you, and you are still my father, because all that happened was not your fault. That time when you visited me, I wasn't in my best mental state. As what you asked me, I will give you a second chance. And I forgive you. Deal?"

Minato slowly stood up, and crouched in front of the young Hatake. Slowly, he took her hand, and shook it firmly, before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you so much. I owe you a lot, Ara. For the Kyūbi, saving my son, and protect Konoha. And yet I almost got you killed. You don't know how many times my wife scolds me, how many times Kakashi punched me." He said, as he sighed heavily, "Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked, as he let her go.

"Actually... there is. I want to be a kunoichi. And I will skip the Academy. So... What should I do to get my rank?"

Minato raised an eyebrow. "You never cease to amuse me." He said, shaking his head disapprovingly, chuckling lightly, "Next year, on 1st October, there will be an event that usually called the Jōnin Exam. I guess you can participate. I'll see how you fight, and I'll decide what rank you are."

"... Jōnin Exam?"

"It's an exam for shinobis on chūnin rank or above who wants to get a higher rank without waiting for the Hokage's promotion. The Hokage will choose who fights who, and decides their ranks. Genins are on D and C rank. Chūnins on C and B rank. Jōnins on B and A rank. ANBUs are usually S rank. But if the shinobi fights horribly, he can get a lower rank."

Ara nodded in understanding. "That sounds cool."

"This event took place in Konoha every 5 years. So, what do you think?"

"... I guess I'll participate."

"Good. Have you start your training? Do you want me to help you?"

Ara shrugged. "I already start training with Yūsha and the Kyūbi. I almost mastered the third stage of my kekkei genkai. And I think my current senseis wouldn't like to have you help me. I mean, they and Kakashi still hold grudges against you."

Minato huffed. "Yeah... Wait a minute. What's your kekkei genkai, if I may ask?"

"This." Ara said, before she disappeared. She re-appeared behind the Namikaze, causing him to gasp in shock.

"Invisibility. Awesome, right? It can't be detected at all. I became a ghost, and I can go through everything. Originally, I can't be seen, heard, smelt, or touched."

"I take it Yūsha's the one who trains you on this?"

"Yup. And Kyūbi trains me on my strength, endurance, and speed. After it's perfected, he will train me on using his chakra."

"What do you have to do, anyways?"

Ara sighed. "That damned fox told me to climb the Training Ground #66."

Minato's eyes widened.

"Without chakra."

His jaws fell agape.

"And... I succeed."

He scoffed. "I'm not surprised at all."

"Glad to hear that." Ara replied sarcastically, crossing her arms, as she walked towards the door.