Chapter 32 : Karashi Hatake

Karasu walked into the arena, followed by her brother.

"So crowded..." She muttered, obviously fascinated by how full the place is.

"Don't worry. The participants are only about one fourth of all people here. The rest are their families and friends." Kakashi calmly said, as he sat at the far back of the arena, the closest seat to the exit.

Ara laughed. "Yeah.."

She was wearing a white and red short battle kimono, with metal armor on her chest. The sleeves were rolled up, and she used a red headband to keep her hair on its place. Instead of the Konoha symbol, it has the kanji of 'crow' sewed in white on it. Her weapon pouch is made of metal, and she was wearing metal armors, on her elbows and her wrists. She's also carrying a sword on her back. And she didn't wear her eye patch, which reveals her fox left eye.

Kakashi, on the other hand, is wearing his usual ANBU uniform, still having his mask, with his headband covering his left eye.

Ara sat next to her brother, before pulling out a book and began to read. The Tale of The Utterly Gutsy Shinobi. Kakashi did the same. Icha-Icha Paradise. Same author, different genres.

"Nervous?" Ara asked.

Kakashi chuckled. "Why would I?"

"You're just 16. Most of the participants are in their twenties."

"Talk about yourself." Kakashi said with a scoff, "You're just 7. The youngest participant in history."

Ara sighed. "When you were my age, you're already a chūnin, while here I am, not even genin."

"To be exact, you don't even attend Academy. And how many times do I tell you not to talk about my past in public?"

"134 times. I don't talk about your past, I'm talking about your achievements in your childhood."

Kakashi let out a heavy sigh.

*/*\*/*\*

About half an hour later, someone interrupted the Hatakes' peaceful time.

"Hey, Karashi Hatake! You're early!"

Ara turned, to find Asuma behind her.

"Karashi..." Ara trailed off.

"...Hatake?" Kakashi asked.

Asuma nodded, laughing. "Karasu and Kakashi Hatake, of course!"

Ara raised an eyebrow. "You made that nickname?"

Asuma shrugged, taking a seat in front of Ara. "Nope. I don't know who made that. It's how people call you two. Karashi Hatake, the only ones who are brave enough to threaten the Hokage."

Kakashi chuckled. "Ridiculous."

Kurenai came, and sat next to Asuma, in front of Kakashi.

"I and Asuma participate here! What about you, guys?" She asked.

"Same. And Ara wants to know her rank."

"Cool." Asuma commented, "Where's Guy, by the way?"

"Ah! I can feel this place full with youth in the air!"

Ara turned at Asuma. "You had just jinxed it, idiot."

"My youthful rival! I will compete in this youthful event! How about you?"

"I participate, just like Ara."

"In the name of youth I hope we will fight each other youthfully! And we-"