Chapter 39

"I had a good reason for not giving you the talk! I just wanted a woman to give you the talk, and as a man I didn't know how to give the talk." my dad said, kinda true though...

"I understand, but yeah, I wanna know how you think about it as a single father who hasn't had a single date in years!" I exclaimed making him roll his eyes.

"Okay...uhm... Well, I want you to just don't get pregnant any time soon. I think 30 is a good age to have children just so you know. And what else do you wanna know?" he asked, what else can I make my dad tell me.

"What's it like?" I asked and he sighed in defeat.

"It's different as a man okay! Woman just lay down and enjoy the ride, men do all the work. And there are many ways to do it actually. Haven't you had this is biology or something?!" my dad exclaimed making me laugh again.

"Yes, I did. And I got a D(4/10) on that test because you didn't want to help me!" I exclaimed making him laugh a bit.

"Well, tell me what you'd like to know." my dad sighed making me think again.

"Uhm, what kind of protection would you recommend?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

"Everything, but I understand if that's too much work. So I'd recommend the pill, and condoms." he said and I nodded.

"But how can I get those pills? I don't really want Aidan also buying that for me." I said making him sigh.

"I don't know, so this is the reason why I wanted your mother to do it!" he exclaimed but soon realised what he said.

"I don't have a mother, and I don't even want one. I'm just afraid the Amanda situation will happen all over again." I mumbled and I saw a few tears forming in his eyes.

"That was terrible, I-I-I'm still very sorry for that. Those were some rough days, that was also when I realised that I should've been more responsible." he sighed but I just grabbed his hand.

"It doesn't matter, you found me just in time. The important thing is that I didn't die." I said and he nodded.

We were then already at the airport, and we both stepped out of the car.

"Where would you and Aidan meet up?" Lee asked and I smiled a little bit again.

"Gate 6, can you please walk with me?" I asked and he immediately nodded before taking over my suitcase.

I already saw Aidan standing there of course with his phone in his hands.

When he looked up he saw me and came running towards me.

I then was hugged by him, and I could hear his shaky voice.

"Skyla, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking, I love you." he mumbled and I immediately hugged him back.

"Aidan...uhm, maybe you should tell her why you're so sorry." my dad said as he crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry for not being myself, I love you, you know that! I love you more than anything!" he exclaimed and then it happened again...

He got down on one knee, and he grabbed the box from his pocket.

"Skyla Anderson Pace, will you make me the happiest man in the whole wide world, will you marry me?" Aidan said, I just cried into my hands.

A circle of strangers and paparazzi had formed around us, what, what what, what to do now.

"Yes." I replied softly and he slid the beautiful ring on my finger.

He then hugged me tight, and I couldn't help but cry anymore.

"This was group pressure, it doesn't count." I mumbled and I felt him tense up.

"Oh." he only replied before letting go of me and grabbing both our suitcases.

We then walked to our airplane, and I had already taken the ring off.

I had the window seat, and Aidan was next to me.

I held my hand out to Aidan with the ring on it, but he just had a shocked look.

"I didn't want to say 'no' when everyone watching, so you can have it back." I said and he let the ring fall onto his hands.

"Sorry that I proposed then, so we're just boyfriend and girlfriend again?" he asked with a sad tone in his voice.

"Yes, but there's nothing wrong with that. We still love eachother." I said and I quickly kissed his cheek.

"I know, but it's just that you're leaving for six months, with two incredibly charming and handsome guys, I'm afraid you'll forget me." he said as he grabbed my hand.s

"I won't ever forget you, you're the douche who took my virgininty." I said making him chuckle.

"I indeed am that douche, but I love you." he replied making me giggle.

"You're adorable." I said and he put one arm around me.

"Can you promise me we won't break up before you leave?" he asked and I sighed.

"No, of course not. If my affection for you falls, I'd break up with you." I said and I heard a small 'oh'.

"I could never ever break up with you, I honestly think we are meant to be. What do you think?" he asked and I quickly snuggled into his shoulder.

"I think we...I don't know, what you were doing to make me happy was pretty f*cking annoying and stupid!" I exclaimed and he nodded agreeing.

"Yeah, but I just didn't know what to do. I know that if we break up before you leave Tom will start flirting with you." he sighed as he put one hand on my thigh.

"He won't, Dean knows you, he kmows you don't want Tom to date me. I actually think he'll become like a big brother to me, well, a brother that I need to kiss though so yeah..." I said making him chuckle.

"Do you like my sweater, you seem really comfortable in it." he said and I nodded.

"I didn't have enough sleep last night, I just wanna go to sleep and escape from everything." I mumbled as I played with his fingers.

"I know, sweet dreams babe." he replied and he put my hood over my head.

"Thank you." I mumbled softly before dozing off to sleep.