Chapter 23

(A/N: Really sorry for the late update. Please comment and vote. Here you go with Chapter 23. Hope you will love it! Okaythanksbye.)

---------
The next morning, I wake up before sunrise. Okay, this is so un-Manik but yeah, I had a really peaceful night. I try to wake up but I find two strong forces pulling me down. Already, I sleep on my tummy and on top of this, there is a weight on my body. I look on both sides of me and find the kids asleep, hugging me real tight. In fact, Naman's head is on my back. I slowly get up and move him. I call Ramu Kaka and ask him to help me get the kids down since it's early morning and they need more sleep. I carry Nidhi and she immediately wraps her arms around my neck while Ramu Kaka carries Naman. We go to my room and we lay them on my bed. I put Nidhi's head on my pillow and remove myself from her grip. I put the teddy bear in between the kids. The kids immediately hug it and smile. How adorable! They are so cute. How awesome would it be if Nandini was their real mother? A smile appears on my face. I shake my head and chuck those thoughts. I can't imagine her with anyone else. I quickly go to the bathroom and take a shower.

I'm really excited today. It feels so fresh after getting a good 7-hour rest. I stand under the shower while the steaming water falls on my body. I immediately look at my arm, where I tattooed my girl's name. What if the kids see it? They might ask a million questions. "Manik, just wear a jacket everyday."

I have a shower and come out in a towel. I put my deodorant and pick my clothes and change into them. I get dressed in a matter of minutes and check the time. Just 6:15. Oh shit! Nandini asked them to wake up at 6. I go to the bed but when my eyes fall on those cute faces, I step back. "Manik, you gotta wake them up or else your girlfriend will kill you." I try to wake them up but they don't give in. Hmm... I try again. This time, they move a little.

Naman: "Mom, mujhe sone do." He curls up into a ball and chucks his face into the pillow.

Nidhi: "Amma, please 2 minutes."

*Jaan calling*
Manik: "Hey Nandini."
Nandini: "Hey Manik. Good Morning. Did the kids wake up?"
Manik: "Umm..." The kids jump out of the bed and plead to me to say 'yes'. They quickly run into the bathroom with their toothbrushes.
Nandini: "Manik, kuch bolo... Are they still asleep?"
Manik: "Nope. They woke up 10 minutes ago. They are brushing their teeth now."
Nandini: "Uff... Thank God."
Naman and Nidhi: "Manik..."
Manik (away from the phone): "Haan baby..."
Naman: "You have only one bathroom?"
Manik (away from the phone): "Ek second, mein aata hun. Your Mom is on the line." "Yeah Nandini..."
Nandini: "Sorry Manik. I hope the kids aren't disturbing you."
Manik: "No no. Not at all. In fact, after 10 years I slept peacefully last night."
Nandini: "Oh."
Manik: "Don't worry, Nandini. I'll take care of them."
Nandini: "Okay thanks Manik."
Naman: "Manik, phone do." I give him. "Amma..." They have a conversation. Then Nidhi speaks and after 10 minutes, they give me the phone.
Nandini: "Okay then, bye Manik."
Manik: "Bye Nandu."
*call ends*

Naman: "Ab dikhao, bathroom kahan hai? We're getting late for school. Breakfast bhi khana padega."

Manik: "Come with me." I take Naman to the other room while Nidhi takes a bath in my room. I show Naman the bathroom and come back. Nidhi is ready in her uniform. Okay so their uniform is a white shirt, navy blue skirt with yellow checks and a blue blazer and tie (like Warrior High uniform). She is struggling with her hair which reaches the middle of her back.

Nidhi: "Appa, help na?"

Manik: "Aww baby... Bolo, problem kya hai?"

Nidhi: "Appa, see. I have such long hair and mujhe braid karna nahi aata. Ab kya karun?"