fifty seven.

Flora. 

I open my eyes sleepily as my phone vibrates next to my head on the mattress, spreading unwelcome artificial light into the dark room. I reach around sleepily to turn the brightness down. 

Harry; 'Are you awake? Really need to talk xx' 

Flora; 'I am now, can't it wait though xx' I reply, although curiosity is eating away at me. 

Harry; 'Not really, can you make your way to mine? You can stay, obviously xx' I sigh. 

Flora; 'I'll be half an hour xx' What could he want at 2am, honestly. If he wants sex and thinks this is a good way to go about it he's wrong. 

I grab a hoodie and put it on over my pyjamas, not even bothering with a bra, remaining in pyjama shorts and slipping on a pair of plimsolls. I also grab my phone and put a leather jacket over the top - it is December after all. I creep through the silent house, not even disturbing the cat as I grab my car keys from the side. I stifle a yawn and shiver as I get in the cold car, instantly putting the heaters on as I start the engine. 

I arrive at Harry's gated townhouse not too long later, the gates open straight away so I can park messily in his drive, still half asleep. I climb out reluctantly as the frosty air hits me. I can literally see my breath. I hurry to the door, the house looks dark and empty but his cars are all on the drive. 

I creak the large front door open, some lights are on dimly in the kitchen so I head that way. 

"Harry?" I call nervously. His house is absolutely freezing. I head into the kitchen, he's sitting at the breakfast bar, a bottle of corona open in front of him, the metal cap abandoned half way across the table too. He looks disheveled as he turns to look at me his shirt sleeves rolled, buttons almost completely undone, showing a few of his many hidden tattoos, his long hair is in it's usual tousled state. But he seems shattered as he turns to look at me. 

"You aren't drunk are you?" I ask nervously, still by the door. He shakes his head, his plump lips curving into a small smile. He beckons me over taking my wrist in his large hand, his hands are actually grateful warmth. 

"No, I drove home for a little bit today, just got back" He admits. 

"You look tired" I mumble standing between his legs as he sits on the stool, one hand having found it's way comfortably to my waist. 

"It's been a long day" He shrugs, taking a sip of his beer.

"I'd offer you a beer, but maybe you'd like a cup of tea or something?" He says, my skin prickles with goosebumps, conscious of his large hand carefully touching my midsection. My whole body tenses up and for a second I'm scared I'm going to puke all over him with nerves. 

"Harry I-" I start but he reaches his spare hand up to my mouth, placing a finger to my lips. 

"I spoke to Luke today. He told me, everything" Harry says exhaling. I can feel the colour drain from my face in shock. He looks at me intently, but not like he's waiting for me to speak. 

"You don't need to worry about Edward anymore" He says. 

"I don't?" I say, swallowing my tears. 

"But what if.. y'know" I come to a stop. I can't say the words in front of him. 

"I'll get you a dating scan alright? and we'll go and if it's before that happened then we'll know it's mine and if it's after then it's still mine" He says quietly. 

"You think you're ready for a baby?" I ask, more for reassurance than an actual question, wiping some traitor tears away angrily. 

"I think it would make me a better person. Because, you make me a better person"