Chapter 2

"What, what do we need to talk about," Fred asked me.

"OK," I started, "I need to know everything you know about my dad and my uncle, just so I don't tell you guys anything I'm not supposed to."

"Oh, I thought you were going to erase our minds," George said relieved.

"And let you forget how I just whipped your butts in wrestling? I don't think so," I countered.

"Ok, lets see," Fred started.

"We know that Sirius Black is innocent," George continued.

"And we know that he is your father," Fred finished.

"Anything else about Sirius?" I asked.

"Yea, we know he's an animagus," Fred said.

"Do you know what his animagus is?" I asked.

"No," they replied promptly.

"We also know he is in the Order of Phoenix with your Uncle," George added.

"What else do you know about them," I questioned.

"Well, we know that Remus Lupin isn't your real family, and that he is a werewolf," George said.

"And like we said, he's in the Order," Fred added.

"OK, anything else?" I asked one more time.

"No, I think that's it," George said.

"OK, so, you don't know who's guilty, you don't know what my dad's animagus is and you know that Uncle Remus is a werewolf, right?" I checked.

"Yea, is there anything we aren't supposed to know?" George asked.

"Well, you're not supposed to know anything, but I should tell you a couple things,"

"Like what," Fred butted in.

"Like my dad's animagus and stuff," I replied.

"Shoot," George said.

"Alright, my dad's animagus is a black dog," I started.

"OK, and the other thing?" George said.

"My, my dad doesn't know I'm alive," I said cautiously.

"Wait, what?" they chorused.

"I'm going to tell you the story of how my dad was taken to Azkaban, but you can't tell a soul, if you do-," I was cut off.

"We know, you'll hex us into oblivion," they mocked.

"OK, so it all started when I was about 3. Voldemort wanted my dad to become a death eater so that he could get to Lily, James and Harry. Daddy didn't know that, he jut wanted to keep me safe. He was never marked, because he couldn't complete his task." I started.

"Revealing the Potter's whereabouts," Fred mumbled.

"Exactly," I said, "The night Lily an James were killed he told Uncle Remus to take care of me if anything happened to him. Uncle Remus had to do some things that night so he left me at the house by myself. I had wandered out into the garden to search for pixies when daddy left. about 30 miutes after he left I heard a pop and a shrill voice saying, 'well cousin, looks like your precious family is no more.' Then, the entire house caught on fire. I heard a loud crack and then a burnt beam fell on me, trapping me so I couldn't move. I heard the same voice say, 'what a shame you could have been a great death eater,' then a pop, then silence. I heard another pop and Uncle Remus's voice say 'no', but before the word could barely escape his mouth, I heard another pop and daddy's voice screaming, 'no, not my little girl! Ashley!' A few more pops sounded and some voices told daddy that he had to be taken to Azkaban. After all the popping stopped, I heard someone walking through the rubble. I started to cry and call for help. Uncle Remus's voice said, 'Ashley, Ashley where are you?' I told him where I was and within seconds he was holding me in his arms. He told me that where daddy went and told me that I was to call him uncle Remus," it was at this moment when I realized that tears were streaming down my face and that George and Fred had moved from in front of me to either side of me.

"Damn, that's a lot to go through as a kid," George mumbled.

I said nothing. The twins allowed me to cry and once I was halfway asleep I felt their arms put me on the couch. I expected to hear foot steps going up the stairs, but instead I felt either side of the couch slump down. I assumed the twins were going to be sleeping there with me.

The next morning I woke up around half past five. I was sitting there looking at the twins just thinking to myself when something caught my eye. I saw a piece of parchment sticking out of Fred's pocket. Being myself I took it out and examined it. Immediately I knew what it was, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good," I whispered. Sure enough the map came to view. I asked myself why they didn't tell me about it last night, but then it hit me- they obviously don't know who made it. I mumbled, "mischief managed" then stuffed the map back into Fred's pocket before they woke up.

A couple of first years would walk through occasionally, but at about half past seven a rowdy group of second years ran down the stairs and were screaming. It, of course, woke the twins.

"Moooorning," George said.

"Oi!, you lot," Fred started to scream, "can you keep it down, there are people trying to sleep."

"Oh Fred, leave them alone," I nagged.

"You don't know what its like to be abruptly waken from a good dream," Fred scoffed.

"Oh, don't I? You lot were talking and kicking in your sleep which woke me at about half five," I replied.

"Oh, sorry about that," Fred said.

"Yea, I- we really didn't mean to," George added.

"It's fine," I stated, "I don't know about you two, but I'm going to take a shower."

I get up to leave, but I get pulled back down by two sets of arms. They pull me into a tight hug and kiss either cheek, "Gross, now I have to scrub my face extra hard," I said sarcastically. I leaned over and kissed them on their foreheads. As I was going up the stairs I heard them get into a fight and I decided to let this one die out on its own. I was in and out of the shower in no longer than ten minutes. I put on my uniform, pulled my long red hair into a ponytail and put on some minimal makeup. I ran down the stairs to find the twins still going at it.

"Alright you two, that's enough," I said puling them apart, "now go get ready, I'm starving."

They ran up the stairs still bickering and I was standing there laughing when a familiar voice startled me.

"Hey Black," I heard Oliver Wood say.

"Jeez, hey Oliver," I replied.

"So ,you going to try out for quidditch this year?" he asked awkwardly.

"Yea, of course, if I can make the team," I said sarcastically,

"I highly doubt you wont, first of all, I'm the captain, and second of all you're the best chaser in the school," Wood said confidently.

"Ok, maybe not the best but," I trailed off.

"Yes, the best," Oliver cut in, "Hey look can I ask you something?"

"Shoot," I say.

"Well, you see, the thing is, um, w-would you like to go on a d-date with m-me?" he said nervously.

"Oliver, I'm really flattered-" I was cut off.

"But you don't like me like that, I get it," Oliver huffed.

"No, all I said was I was flattered, I would love to go on a date with you," I said.

"Really," he asked hopefully.

"Absolutely," I said.

Oliver practically flew up the stairs screaming 'yes' a million times.

"What's up with him?" Fred asked.

"Oh, nothing, I just agreed to go on a date with him," I said.

"You did," George asked glumly.

"Yea, but that doesn't mean I like him like that, I have my eyes set on someone else," I said.

"Oh, ok," George said, "breakfast then?"

"Good, I'm starved," I said.