XXX - My Promise

Chapter Thirty

I heard Klaus' car coming towards me on the road, so I stepped right onto it and stayed standing there with my arms crossed. He slowed to a stop when he was about twenty feet away from me, and I walked around to the passenger's seat.

"You need to rest," he told me. "You still don't look very well."

"Yeah, I know I don't. And I can't heal your incompetent older brother in case my blood is contaminated."

He smirked a little. "That might be a good thing."

"No Klaus! It's not a good thing!" I shouted. He looked over at me, with his eyes widened a little, then he looked back onto the road. "If Hayley doesn't leave him, he could easily kill her! And he will take your baby down with him!"

He stayed quiet for a moment, but didn't look at me as he continued to speak. "Your point?"

"I know that you say you don't care about Hayley or that baby, but all of us know that you are lying. You are impulsive, it's just a part of who you are. There isn't any changing that. You can feel bad about it and deny that you do, but what will help you get Hayley's forgiveness is a good old fashioned apology."

"You and I both know that I rarely ever apologize," he chuckled.

"And you and I both know that that is a complete lie. You have apologized to me millions of times, I'm sure that you can do it with someone that is your own flesh and blood," I argued.

His jaw clenched. "No, it's different with you."

"How?!"

He didn't reply, just pursed his lips. He was quick to change the subject. "When we get home, you need to sleep."

"I'm fine," I growled.

"No, you aren't! Who's the liar now?!" he hissed.

I bit my lip, turning to look at the road. "I need to find a way to get that blood to Elijah as fast as possible. Either that, or we need to turn around right now and get Hayley out of there."

He didn't reply, but just continued to drive.

"Fine," I growled. "I'll do it myself."

With that, I opened up the door of the moving car, ready to jump right out, when I felt his hand on the back of my neck. "Sorry," he muttered, right before my head snapped to the side and my body fell limp against his shoulder.

Needless to say, when I woke up in what I thought had been only a few hours later, I was more than a little pissed off.

"KLAUS!" I shouted, storming out of my room and down the stairs. "Where the hell are you, you little backstabbing jackass?!"

I came into the dining room to see my two closest friends sitting at the table, while eating what seemed to be breakfast. What the hell? It's morning? How did he keep me out for so long?!

"Ah, Rose! Welcome b-"

Klaus was cut off by my grabbing his throat and shoving him against the back of his chair. I held it at such an angle that if I simply moved my hand down one inch, he would have a broken neck. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't annihilate you right this very second," I said.

"Because, at this very moment, that position is reserved for Elijah," Rebekah sighed, taking a sip of her coffee.

I narrowed my eyes at Klaus, who was smirking, even with the position he was in. "Be happy that she's right." I let go of him, pulling up a chair and sitting beside him.