the nineteenth text

4:12 am 

 gennie?

she hadn't been expecting a response from xavier. she definitely had not expected a response from xavier at  t h i s  hour. she then let out a small amused huff, remembering that xavier  lived on a small amount of sleep -and to her envy, still possessed enough energy in the morning, to crack witty jokes, and upkeep his positive mood. 

it's been a while.

six months, i think? 

she cringed. and then she felt a wave of guilt. the guilt that she had pushed into the smallest corner of her mind, months ago, had finally taken over, yet again.

more like a year and a half.

or has it been two?

who was she kidding? of course she knew that it had been more than a year. 

i'm so sorry, xavier. 

 once upon a time, they had been inseparable. once upon a time, she had pushed him out. once upon a time, she stopped speaking to him. and for that, she lost him.

i'm so, so sorry.

are you?

you have no idea.

it's been a long time, gennie.

not even a simple 'hello'.

was that too much to hope for?

meet me at the tree.

if you don't come, i understand. 

it was four thirty-nine in the morning. she threw on a sweater overtop her t-shirt, before slowly closing the door behind her. she quietly made her way towards the place she had spent hours a day with him. she tried to ignore the fear that was slowly engulfing her, as she heard a cracking noise. the wind. she released a breath, that she had not noticed she had been holding, as she walked briskly to the opening of the ravine. 

it was an hour or two, before the sun would rise. it was dark. hell, it was quite dangerous. she turned her flashlight on, thankful she grabbed it on the way out. 

she usually thought things through. today, she acted on impulse. 

and that was what brought geneiveve mathers to stand at the sky-high oak tree. she waited for the boy  s h e  pushed away. and she desperately hoped that he would come.

a u t h o r ' s n o t e :

i posted  two chapters ((in one day, i know!))

 so read on~ 

don't forget to comment your thoughts and maybe vote? because i would love you forever for that~