Chapter 15

Groaning, I stood up. I had to apologize to the freak of nature- oh shnit I'm badmouthing him again; I really needed to go clear my head. Reluctantly, I started towards the forest nearby; some fresh air couldn't hurt either. 

But as I approached the forest, I got the distinct feeling that someone was watching me. I swept my eyes over the park. Seriously, I could never get some peace could I? Now who could it be? Blake or some other gang member or is it some random attacker?

I held back another groan before tentatively stepping into the barrier of trees. A cool air whooshed by me and I inhaled deeply. A slight rustle occured to my right and I whipped my head in its direction.

"If you're going to attack me then you might as well go out since I already heard you," I declared. Amateurs- they don't know how to be silent. Another rustle was heard and the thing I had least expected stepped out.

"Oh my god..."

I instinctively took a step back. There standing before me was the hugest wolf I had ever seen. A shiver travelled down my spine as very familiar midnight blue eyes stared back at me and its black silky fur glimmering in the sunlight. To my horror, the wolf took several steps towards me.

I stared and stared. And then I ran.

I mean what was I supposed to do? Stay there and pet it to allow it to eat my hand?! Hell no!

Letting out a piercing scream, I sprinted deeper into the woods- yes I know a very rash and idiotic thing to do- but I panicked! I could hear the heavy sound of its paws hitting the ground as it gained up on me. RUN HAYLEY, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN. Just shut up, whoever you are- I'm trying to run here!

And of course, since it had to be my bad day today; I tripped. Letting out another scream, I crashed onto my back. The wolf put its paws on either side of me and stared down. Its warm breath hitting my face.

I squeezed my eyes shut in terror and thought: how can I make sure that I don't die now? Answer: Do the thing you were best in when you were little and forget that you're seventeen---> RAMBLE.

"Please don't eat me! I didn't know that I had stepped into your territory and I didn't mean it when I thought you were an amateur since you made so much noise but please don't eat me- I have a sister and she's called Mia and her favourite food is pizza and I didn't get the chance to bring her to eat pizza and I really wanted her to have that treat so please let me go. If you're really that hungry, I could take some pizza for you today! But if you're too hungry then you can eat one of my legs- no I mean my arm because I still need to stand up to fight to earn a living- not to mention that I still have to apologize to Blake for being mean with him when he was so nice to me and everything so if you don't let me go and eat me then I will haunt you and come back as a ghost because I never got to apologize to him!" I bit my lip anxiously since I didn't have anything else to say to distract it.

Still squeezing my eyes and breathing hard, I waited for the wolf to tear me apart. But all I could hear was its breathing on my face.

"Why aren't you eating me?" I whispered and to my immense shock the wolf whimpered and buried its head into my neck. My whole body stiffened before relaxing. It isn't going to hurt me...I think. I slid my eyes open and let out a nervous laugh.

"Uh, great, I get to have my first wolfie hug," I shakily tried to stand up but the wolf pushed me back down. I don't think it really wanted me to go. I stayed a few seconds in the same position before trying to stand up once again. Since when did carnivorous wolves not eat fresh flesh? Maybe it wasn't that hungry or maybe my human smell didn't really throw him off as tasty.

"I'm sorry...but I have to g-go home; lots of things to do," I let out another nervous laugh. The creature finally lifted itself off me. Breathing a sigh of relief, I sat up against a tree. I closed my eyes to relax my beating heart but reopened them when I heard a slight shuffle.

It was gone. "Wolfie?" I called out, slightly confused. Where did it go? It was in front just a second ago!

"Wolfie? What kind of name is that?" A chuckle resounded and out stepped a guy from behind a tree. My eyes nearly popped out of my socket as I scrambled up.

"What the hell, Blake?!" I gasped. What was he doing here? Not to mention half-naked with his six-pack in full view. And boy, I really wanted to touch them- what the hell was I thinking? I do not want to touch those things! Shaking my head, I fixed my eyes on his face.

"Where's wolfie?" I frowned in confusion. Had I dreamed about the black wolf? I couldn't have dreamt or I wouldn't be in the forest right now.Unless I was sleep walking and just woke up. YEah, that's really plausible.

Blake scratched his head while his eyes darted everywhere except on me. He seemed to be having a debate with himself.

"Blake," I snapped my hands in front of his face and he lifted his eyes. I froze. He had the exact same eyes as-

I took a step back.

"Blake..." I said slowly, my eyes widening in terror, "Blake, why do you have the exact same eyes as the..."  My voice faltered and I could feel myself becoming weak. This had to be a prank. It just had to be.

"Hayley-" He took a step towards be and outstretched his hand.

Smack!

He froze. My eyes drifted fearfully to the hand I had just slapped away from me.

"D-don't touch me y-you monster!" I cried out. And I would have done anything, absolutely anything to take back what I had said. His eyes flashed with so much pain that my heart started hurting. Why? I didn't have any clue.

"Fine," He spat out and retracted his hand. His dark locks hid his eyes as he gave his back to me.

"Wait- Blake, I didn't mean it," I whispered weakly but he had already disappeared.

My back slumped against the tree.

I messed up. Real bad, this time.

=============================

DEAR EARTHLINGS,

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY> THATS A RECORD....I need to get a life.

SEE YA. LOVE YA. PREACH YA. VOTE MA.