Chapter 60 || "Suitable for ages 12+"

- Pandora -

"This was a really bad idea."

"No fücking shít, Ash."

Ashton growled, continuing to walk around in circles with his phone risen above his head, resembling Rafiki from The Lion King. We had been lost in these woods for the past half hour now, with no signal, no food and no breadcrumbs to follow back home. I felt like some goddamn damsel in distress, yet my so-called savour was just as clueless as I was.

Braiding the ends of my knotted hair, I took some time to study my surroundings, finally acknowledging the wildlife. It was quiet - peacefully quiet - the only sound coming from the occasional rustle of the leaves or the crunch of branches beneath Ashton's large feet. There was a few birds dotted around, but most remained hidden on the branches of the tall trees, keeping a watchful eye on us - studying us as I did them. We were trespassers, invading their home and comfort just as simple spiders did ours. I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty for the poor creatures, but Ashton held no remorse, managing to walk straight into a large tree before letting out a multiple string of swear words, awakening the whole forest with his loud, impatient tone.

"This fücking phone!" He exclaimed, dramatically throwing it as far as he could before slumping down to his knees, his back pressed tightly to the stump of the tree.

I watched with wide eyes, slightly cringing as his phone hit against a bystander tree, making an unhealthy thudding noise as it landed to the floor. It bounced slightly, rolling a few inches before coming to stop just a metre away, the screen looking more than slightly scratched.

Let's hope the insurance could cover that.

"Ash, are you okay?" I hesitantly asked, mentally scolding myself afterwards.

Did he fücking look okay?

He didn't reply, tugging angrily at the roots of his dirty blonde hair. His face was hidden by his hands, yet I just knew he would be cursing beneath his breath, his eyes clenched shut in a furious rage as he bit down on his bottom lip, attempting to bottle up some of his untameable anger. It was always the same with Ashton, you just had to learn how to calm him down.

So far, I was doing a pretty shít job.

"Look, I know this seems bad," I began, shuffling my body closer to his own "but look on the bright side."

"What's the bright side?" He questioned, raising his head slightly to look at me. I paused, my body stiffening beneath his expectant hazel gaze, my lips drawn back into an apologetic grimace.

Shít, I didn't get this far.

"Well, um..."

Ashton shook his head bitterly, clearing píssed off with not only me but this whole situation. I guess I was too, yet I managed to mask my annoyance a lot better than he did, my face resembling the cheery nanny from Balamory 99% of the fücking time.

I would not allow a small problem like being lost in the woods with no food or means of contact and the imposing threat that we could die here ruin my day.

"There's no fücking bright side, Pandora." Ashton spat, his hands digging angrily into the soil beneath him "We're stuck here in the searing heat with nothing to drink and no goddamn signal. Nothing about this is bright - except the goddamn sun.

"We didn't adventure that far, Ash." I reminded, resting my hands supportively upon his knee. He glared at the contact, causing me to gingerly remove it.

It were as if he had transformed from Daddy 2.0 back to fuckboi 101, and I wasn't enjoying it.

"We could always try to walk back?"

"And get more lost, no thank you." He replied sassily, crossing his arms firmly across his chest "I think I'll just stay here."

"Please, Ashton."

I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING CHAPTER AND IT WAS MY PRIDE AND JOY AND WATTPADS WENT AND DELETED HALF OF IT FOR SOME REASON AND I WANT TO APOLOGISE.

IM GOING TO DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO FIX THIS IDK HOW BUT I WILL.

PLS JUST CONTINUE ON AND HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL STILL MAKE SENSE IM SO SORRY