AE - 8

AE - Alternate Ending
If you prefer this chapter over the last one, then skip the chapters that don't have AE on them. Skip the ones with titles like 4. Potatoes. Just read AE - NUMBER. Thank you!

{Sara's POV}

When I woke up, there was a nurse checking the machine that had my vitals on it.

"Oh goody, you're awake!" She said.

"Yeah. I can't sleep forever. I would know if I could." I chuckled.

"Yeah well, forever wasn't far off, if forever was a week." She smiled.

"True Dat nurse lady." I said.

"I'm gonna go get Doc. Tell him you're awake. All that jazz."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Anything for you. You saved my daughter from the abuse she got. I couldn't stop it, the alpha wouldn't let me. He commanded me against it, and I couldn't disobey without him killing me, and the rest of my family." She said, tears in her eyes.

"Sorry. But I can do a little more. She joined my pack, and you and the rest of your family are more than welcome to do the same." I said.

She paused halfway to the door, and ran and hugged me.

"Thank you. So much." She said, teary eyed.

"I'll do anything I can to help." I said, conviction ringing in my tone. I smiled. "Welcome to my pack."

"Thank you." She whispered as she left the room.

I turned back around so I was sitting straight. I stated at the wall and started tapping my fingers.

Psh Sha Psh Sha Psh Sha

I didn't even know how that happened, but okay then.

I waited a couple more minutes before the doctor came in.

"So, Sara..., pardon, Alpha Winters?" The Doc said.

"That's me."

"Thank you for accepting my family into your pack. My wife, the nurse just told me what you did for my daughter, and I appreciate it."

"No problem doc. It'll help my pack having a doctor again. The last one isn't all there anymore." I told him truthfully.

"Anyway. How are you feeling? You remember everything that happened? You doing okay?" He asked, doctor mode back on.

"I'm fine. I mean why wouldn't I be?"

"Good. Good. That's good." He said scribbling away on a clipboard. "Oh! And Mr. Ice is outside, he wants to see you." He said suddenly.

"Thanks doc. You can send him in." I smiled at him.

"Okie Dokie. Jake you can come in." I heard him say, after he stuck his head out the door.

Not even half a minute later I saw Jake's silhouette. ((Spell checked! Thank you!))

"Sara! I'm so glad you're okay!" He said and rushed over to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Yup. Thank you." I said awkwardly, as I patted his back. "Now let go." I said, suddenly cold.

He pulled back, with a hurt expression on his face. I studied his face.

"Yeah. I know. I'm mean. But only to people who don't understand other people can feel pain." I said, so icily Antarctica seemed as if it was a hot spring near a volcano.

The hurt expression on his face grew and I smiled proudly.

He deserved what he had coming to him.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you Sara. I really am." He said, pitifully, at least that's what it sounded like to my ears.

"Sure you are. But what about what you've done to others. The string of heartbreak. The pain of beatings of the girl I brought into my pack. You'll never be sorry for that because you've never felt it. Now leave me alone. Only speak to me when I'm training you, and only in favor of your pack. And now, pardon my french, Dégage! (Day-GAZH!). Now go." I said, not bothering to hide my glare.

{{Dégage! (Day-GAZH!) Means Buzz off!}}

He looked at me shocked, hurt, hopeful, confused, and nodded.

"Bye then?" He questioned.

"Yeah. Buh bye" I said, glaring, and sarcastically waving my hand, dismissing him.

It might seem excessive, but after everything he's ever done to me he deserves worse. This wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. It was the air surrounding it.

I had a long way to go