AE - 10

It took us a good 5 more minutes to get to our destination.

When I got there, I was almost brutally murdered. By hugs and being tackled and someone licking my foot.

"Oh crap no. Do not lick me anymore. I will smack you so hard you won't even remember your gender." I growled out.

A small child, no older than a couple months, grinned. I looked at Sam confused.

"Whose the kid?" I asked.

"Janessa! No!" The child's mother suddenly said, appearing out of nowhere. "Sorry! She licks people. Some kids bite. But not her. So sorry!" The mother said. I shrugged.

"No biggie. She didn't know better." I said, then I looked closer to the face of the child's mother.

"Welcome back Sara!" A deep voice said, and my attention was drawn to the man holding Janessa and hugging the child's mother.

"Wait. John? Kim?" I asked in disbelief. The mother, who in reality was Kim, nodded.

"Took you long enough buttface," Kim said, "it's tiring acting all motherly with you. I'm supposed to be all ... well, nevermind." She said awkwardly, not finishing the sentence.

"Yeah... there's a flashback worth reliving." I laughed and smiled.

Then I looked her in the eye.

We both started squealing, and she struggle to get out of John's grip as I ran towards her.

"Gosh I missed you." She whispered, tears dripping down her face, and onto my shirt as we hugged.

"I missed you too. More than you know." I whispered, my own tears trying to appear.

"Okay. Enough with the love fest. Let's eat cake." John said, his voice sounding loud enough to shock Kim and I out of our embrace.

"There's cake?" Sam said, suddenly attentive. I laughed.

"Yeah. It's pretty good," a new voice said, around my age.

"Richard!" Raven yelled as she ran into his arms.

"Hey squirt. How's ninja life treating you?" He asked. I smiled at them.

"You must be related to the Doc who treated me." I said.

"Yeah. I'm his son." He said, taking another bite out of his slice of cake. "Only recently moved here though. You must be Alpha Winters," he said.

I cut him off.

"Just call me Sara. Please." I smiled.

"Well Sara, I'm Richard Smith, and may I say this" he paused and looked me dead in the eye. "I think you'd look gorgeous in frosting." He finished.

He must have seen the confusion on my face.

"What do you m-" I was cut off by the splat of cake against my face.

Richard started laughing.

"You should see your face!" He gasped out.

I put on an overly sugary voice.

"You should see how fast you can run." I said, and started counting. "You have till five."

"Oh shitaki mushrooms." He said and dropped what was left of the cake that didn't end up on my face.

He sprinted out the door.

"...1... 2...3...4...5... YOU ARE SO DEAD!" I screeched as I started chasing him. "Oh and Kim. We are so talking later."

"ONLY IF YOU CATCH ME PRINCESS!" He yelled and I smiled.

I like him.