Chapter Seventeen: It All Goes Down

"Damn girl, you're life could be a blockbuster film!"-Amelia Abdulrahman, FH

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: It All Goes Down

Hamid Abdullahi

Ever since the day we came back home, everything has been weird. It's like every time Amara is near Amran she walks the other direction or refuses to make eye contact with her. I can't help but think is there something going on that she isn't telling me about. Did Amir say something to her about Amran? I don't know and it's making me so frustrated! I hate being left in the dark, especially when it has something to do with our family. I then walked into my room and went to my bed to get my phone and headphones. As I was walking out I plugged the headphones in my ears and went to the basement to do my daily workout. Usually when I work out I just dance. Ever since I was a little kid my mom use to take me to dance lessons but after she got sick I had to teach myself. So everyday I'd go to the basement and put on a YouTube video and do the moves that I saw them do.

I played the song I wanted to dance to and started doing the choreography just like how I saw it. Dancing just comes really naturally to me, when I am doing it I feel like I could escape from everything. After 3 minutes the song was over I sat down on the sofa.

"Wow I forgot how good of a dancer you are." Nur said as he sat down next to me. "Thanks, hyung." I mumbled as I took a sip from my water bottle. "What's up with you? You seem pretty out of it lately." He stated, sounding irritated. I angrily set my drink down and got up. "Nothing is wrong with me." I stormed upstairs and went inside my room.

Immediately my phone started buzzing and I noticed who was calling me. It was him, Amir. I picked up my phone nervously and set it against my ear. "Hey Hamid, I just wanted to tell you something. I'm back in Florida now with Zakariya." He stated. My eyes widened and I angrily clenched my phone. What is he hoping for? That we'd be one big happy family? I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the thought. We were never one big happy family, just a family filled with lies.

"So what?" I asked with a venomous chuckle. "What do you want?"

"I want you to give me a chance. I want to see Amara , Amran and Mahirah. I want to get to know my six year old baby sister. I know you forgave dad and everything so why are you holding a grudge against me? I'm just like you, he left me in the dark for so many years and I hated it!  I hated the fact that my dad married your mom after mine died, but did I ever blame any of you? So could you stop acting like I'm the bad guy for at least two seconds and hear me out?" He ranted. I kept silent for a moment and took in everything he said. I didn't know his mom died, now I feel really bad for acting like that with him. I know that none of this is his fault and I shouldn't have treated him the way that I did. Oh God, what is wrong with me? I let out a frustrated sigh.