Chapter nine | Deep wounds

Hey guys, vote, comment and follow me if you like how I write. All and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

"Missed a spot." The arrogant A-hole reminded as his gaze flickered in my direction and turned back quickly as if just being graced by his sight was such a great fortune. It trully wasn't but then in some way it was. Stupid. A-hole.

After finding out that Payne and his sister will be leaving soon without me in about a week's time, more or less, Payne and I arrived at the barbwires and they were as repulsive as I thought they would be. I was so grateful that amongst all the blood on the wires there were no guts or bodies. Who knows whether Payne and Payge ate them. Monsters they were. Yet here I was with a hole in my chest thinking about how Payne and Payge will be leaving me here for Goddess knows why while they return home and go on with their lives.
A voice in my head lingered on the possibility that they'd probably just kill me and get this over with, either way sucks for me.

"I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out." I muttered as I continued work on the barbwire. I used the wash cloth carefully as I wipped the different wires with multiple sharp edges. Where the wash cloth came from? The same maid.. Delia came and brought it together with a bowl full of water that was mixed with Clorox and other types of disinfectants. She seemed so joyous to be used by Payne and the thought occurred to me, what else has he used her for?

With a devious grin that was directed to me and hiden from Payne's handsome face the maid left and so began my work as servant girl to clean the twin's mess while Payne sat cross legged against a tree trunk with a forearm over his face blocking the sun's warm halo and only removing his hands to get a glimpse of what I was doing.

"Servants don't speak back other than 'yes sir' or 'no sir' don't step out of line." He informed ever so pointedly and for some strange reason the words 'I thought I already did' got mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that. " he growled out and I was thankful my back was to him so he couldn't see me roll my eyes. From being a pack's punching bag to being my mate's servant. What did I do wrong?

The routine of dip, wring and wipe was repeated for a while until finally I was finished with the first section of the blood. There were two more. The water in the bowl brought by Delia already red.

"I need fresh cleaning water for the next side. Would you be a dear?" I asked turning my body to Payne and facing his relaxed form.

He didn't raise his hand from above his eyes to even show a sign of acknowledgment toward what I said. He didn't move or anything, his breathing was calm but I knew better than to assume he was asleep, the sly fox he was.

"Uhm ... Excuse ... Over here ...aye ..I know you're not sleeping..Pay-"

"-don't even think about it." He growled out before I could finish say his name. Servants don't ever say the person their serving's name,how rude of me yet ridiculous of him. " -I told Delia, she'll be here in five." He muttered and all the while still in his calm relaxed form, hands never moved from above his eyes. His long legs stretched out in front of him.

"Okay. You could have just answered." I muttered and he just let out a sigh. That's all I got from him. "She seems so loyal to you, in serving I mean. I wonder what else she's done for you." I find myself stupidly saying. Brace for impact. I could predict the yelling already and even worse yet a slap. Dear MoonGoddess above, save me from his wra-

"Oh, the list can go on forever. I mean she's good with cleaning the floors whilst on her knees but the other wonders she can serve while on her knees are endless and mind blowing. You feel me?" His lips twitched a little and I could see him edging to smile but he didn't. Was that supposed to be a joke? Of course not. I reminded myself. Why was I even trying to talk to him again? Or yeah I believed their was a hope for us somewhere since we're mates and shit.