AE - 18

Death was peaceful.

It was warm as well. It was like being wrapped in a warm hug by your mother.

But you can die and come back.

It's shocking really. You feel your heart start again, and you realize you have to go back.

You gasp for air.

Or I did.

They brought me back, when I'd rather be dead.

But somehow I lived. Maybe my heart never stopped. Maybe I just got close to dying.

But I lived.

I choked on the air that was forced into my lungs.

"Oh my gosh. Sara!" Voices yelled, blurring together. I felt the air I'd just receiver forced out of my lungs.

"Back off. She needs air. She needs to breathe and deal." An official voice shouted.

I winced and whimpered. I opened my eyes, and was met with so many men in the room that I tried pulling back, trying to get away from them.

I stared at them in horror. I felt my heart speed up, and the doctor started screaming at them to get out.

As soon as the men left I started to relax, and the doctor, thankfully female, tried soothing me. She put her hand on my forehead and pulled back quickly.

"You've got a fever dear. Oh sweetheart. You're so brave. All that you've gone through. All that's yet to come. I'm so sorry we couldn't get there quicker. We couldn't find you. We were too late to stop them. I'm so sorry Sara." She whispered as she cried gently, and stroked my hair.

It felt motherly and kind and I leaned into her touch.

A knock at the door startled me out of my respite.

"Doc? Can I come in?" A scared voice whispered.

"Who is it?" She asked

"Kim and Sam." Another voice said. The doc looked at me and I nodded hesitantly.

"Come on in girls." The doc said.

The door opened slowly and I looked at my friends. Tears filled my eyes.

"Sara. I'm so sorry. When I found you, hanging limply, and with a baby in you, and you not breathing I nearly died. I'm so sorry I couldn't get there sooner." Kim whispered as she ran to hug me. I hugged her back, and held my arms out to Sam.

"What baby?" I whispered when they pulled back.

They glanced at each other.

"What baby?" I asked again, this time a little louder. "Please tell me." I said.

"You're pregnant Sara and quite far along. How did you not notice?" She asked confused.

I looked at my belly, only now noticing the swell.

I covered my mouth with my hand. I choked back a sob and placed my other hand hesitantly on my stomach.

"Why. Why did they have to do this. I trusted them. I thought I knew them." I whispered ranting to myself.

"Who Sara?" Sam asked.

"Max. And Richard." I sobbed out. "And a lot of other men I don't know. They did awful things Sam. Truly awful things that will always be in my nightmares. Oh my gosh." I cried.

"What?!? They. Those. I'm gonna go kill them." Kim screeched.

"They aren't dead?" I screeched in horror and I cowered back.

"They've been here while you've been gone. No one ever expected them." Sam said sadly.

Kim stormed out of the room and not five minutes later I heard a distinctly Kim howl ring through the air in triumph.

I laughed at the sound.

"Sara?" Sam asked suddenly

"Yeah?" I said softly.

"Give Jake a chance. You should've seen him these past few months. He's been a zombie. He's been dead to the world." She said. I nodded.

"Okay. I will."

Then I drifted off to sleep.