Part One: Summer

A.N. Hello, Chii here. First things first, I don't have enough talent to draw anything worthy and even if I "can" draw I'm just too lazy being a garbage bag to make a nice cover hahaha. Sorry. The pic is not mine, so credits to le owner (Arceus, I just love said picture with a passion)

I also disclaim Pokémon, haha.

This was one of my better fics. I read over it once in a while, nitpicking it for errors only to end up, well, liking it anyway. How did I write this again? Expect that to be my response to everything I write ever.

This was originally a oneshot, but for the sake of drawing things out (that is also something I like to do, cruel me), I'm splitting them into parts. It's very short. I won't tell you any more else I ruin the actual plot, but please don't hate me, haha.

****************************************************************

Ash loves Gary in the summer.

He loves the way the summer sun shines down on Gary's porcelain skin, illuminating the Eevee Trainer and making him appear angelic.

He loves the way Gary would fuss over about getting sunburned as he applies great dollops of sunblock here and there, usually looking unevenly spread at the back of the Pokémon Researcher's neck, his arms and his legs. "Better that than swollen blotch marks," he hears Gary say, making Ash roll his eyes at the neverending display of Gary's vanity.

He also loves how sexy Gary looks when he's working hard at field: sweat beads trickling down his muscular body; an unconscious hand darting towards his forehead to run through near-soaked auburn spikes. It takes a great amount of control for Ash to keep himself from jumping the guy, which Gary never notices because he's so caught up in researching. It's kind of a good thing, the ravenette thinks, since he loves it when the boy's face lights up after discovering something no man has ever done before. A full-blown smile graces his usually emotionless boyfriend, and Ash wishes at that moment to have a camera ready so he could snap a picture of Gary to keep with him forever.

On Gary's free days from field work and office work, the two of them go to the beach together, with the emerald-eyed boy always leading the way. Together they fly on Pidgeot to go swimming at the shores of Slateport City, but sometimes they would also leave to visit Fuschia, Cianwood, Sandgem or Undella Town.

The sea water is always freezing compared the warm summer sun, Ash notices, with the way the brunette shivers a little when he greets the sea with open arms. Ash joins him sometimes, but the water temperature never really gets to him. When Gary is up for it, the hazel-eyed boy would chase him around, no difficulty whatsoever as he tackles the older one into the water. Ash always wins this game and Gary is never sore about it. He just lets a head full of black hair rest comfortingly on his back, accompanied with tanned arms encircling his waist and pulling him closer.

Ash always collects seashells everytime they visit a new beach, but he never brings them home. There are times he spells Gary's name in the sand with the shells. Gary never makes a comment about Ash's sloppily-drawn love hearts around his name. Instead, the two of them enjoy making sandcastles, complete with tiny flags and little pebbles along its perimeter which the raven-haired boy considers to be the people.

If the two weren't at the beach, then they'd certainly be at Nimbasa City, on endless rollercoaster rides and ferris wheel journeys. Ash still closes his eyes when the drop comes. Gary actually yells profanities, but then they'd line up again for the next ride, ready to roll once more. On the ferris wheel Gary gets a full view of the city, while Ash fleetingly lets a hand brush over his boyfriend's. A comfortable silence looms over them while Ash leans on Gary's shoulder, and the brunette reminisces the first time he and Ash kissed under the summer sunset.

Everytime they go to the amusement park, Gary always drags Ash to the haunted house. There'd be people in creepy costumes and ghost Pokémon howling curses, which the hazel-eyed boy has gotten used to. He isn't scared of ghosts anymore like he used to be, courtesy of Gary's insistence to bring him there, he believes. Sometimes Ash talks to them, tells them about his day. He's made friends with a Banette called Bernard, and the two would go around scaring people before Gary gets fed up with the place and leaves.

Ash also loves watching Gary effortlessly win at every stall, gathering prize by prize at which most strangers eye with envy. Ash's favourite of them all is the cute Pikachu and Eevee plush toy; much like their beloved Pokémon. They appear to be sewn side by side as though they have an unbreakable bond. Ash knows when they return home, the Oak teen would display it on the marble table next to the television, for guests to see and Ash to constantly smile at during commercials.

During the hot season Gary always buys ice cream - always vanilla and never chocolate like the Ketchum teen likes, much to the latter's annoyance. It melts quickly as Gary licks away at the frozen treat, which sometimes annoys him because he'd have to wash his hands to get rid of the stickiness. He mindlessly takes a glance at Ash, who is pouting and squirming at the oh-so-wrong image painted in his mind. Curse Gary's oblivion and ignorance. It's one of the things Ash disliked about the boy, but despite this fact, the Pikachu Trainer still loves him anyway.

Summer. The season of abundant sunshine, with ultraviolet rays beaming through glass windows and the guaranteed gift of a tan. The season for resting and sleeping in for the day, with slurpees, vacations and magical humidity.

Oh yes. Ash loves Gary in the summer.

He loves Gary, very much.