Chapter One: A New Year

A/N: Hey guys, here is the first chapter! I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the Sterek but please let me know what you think of chapter one, as always I love to read your comments. You guys are amazing and I hope you like it so here goes, chapter one!

~ ~ ~

"No, push in the clutch and then put it in drive," Derek said as Erica stalled the car for the third time.

"Ugh!" she groaned, "This looks a hell of a lot easier than it is."

"You'll get it," he said calmly.

"I know I said I wanted to get my licence but I'm almost regretting it," she said as she got the car started up again.

"You'll be fine, as long as you focus."

She sighed and took off slowly, driving back to the loft with barely a hitch. She parked in Derek's spot and they got out, heading back up to the flat. She tossed him the keys and he smiled a little.

"So you're going up to see Stiles tonight?" she asked.

"That's the plan," he said. "You sure you don't want to come this time? It'll give you a long drive to practice."

She shook her head. "I came up the last two times and I basically just feel like a burden when I do, you guys need your time."

"The offer still stands," Derek said.

"It's okay, I'll give this one a miss. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my miserable existence anyway," she shrugged.

"You could start by getting a job, something simple, easy. Or you could go to a community college like Scott and Isaac."

"Like I have the money for that," she scoffed.

"If you want to, just ask," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not going to take your charity Derek."

"It's not charity," he said as they headed inside and towards the kitchen.

"Shut up, it is too charity. I'll go looking for a job tomorrow with my totally empty resume."

"You'll be fine," Derek said and Erica gave him a warm smile as he handed her a glass of water.

He downed his own glass and walked around the bench to head upstairs.

"You mind if I―" Erica began.

"Stay as long as you want Erica," Derek called back before disappearing out of sight.

She smiled to herself. She would always ask him if she could stay, even though she had basically taken over Isaac's old room anyway.

There was at least half a closet full of her clothes, make up was a permanent fixture in the bathroom and the place always smelled of her perfume. Derek didn't seem to mind.

Erica walked into the bedroom and pulled out her phone, dialling Stiles' number and putting the phone to her ear as she collapsed into the duvet.

"Erica? What's up?" he said after the first four rings.

"Not much, just getting sick to death of driving lessons," she said and heard him chuckle down the line.

"Oh come on, I thought you were about to go take your test?"

"Not if I stall the damn thing at every set of lights," she said. "Whatever, Derek said he's coming to see you tonight, has it really been two weeks?"

"Take it from a person who hasn't had sex in that long, yes, it's been two weeks," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"It's gone by in a flash and you know it," she said.