Slumber Parties and Hardcore Truth or Dare

The following events you are about to read are retold from a hazy drunken memory.

"In the Over 21 Justice System the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups. The drunks who investigate for the lost memories from the night before and the sober who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Yesterday (this yesterday being three days ago) I got a call on my phone, which for starters isn't normal. Only my parents and my job call my phone. Everyone else texts me. So I answer the phone ready to tell the person they have the wrong number.

After my, "Hello?" I hear, "Slumber Party! Hardcore Truth or Dare! My House! Tonight!" I laughed, told them they had the wrong number and hung up without them saying another word. They called back, but I didn't answer. They tried 2 or 3 more times, but I still refused to answer. About an hour later they called again and I picked. And they just started yelling my name. Turns out I knew them, it was my friend Kevin.

After a little back and forth about him calling, asking about the unknown number, if he got a new cell phone. It was a house phone. I got all dramatic 'Like OMG you're landlining me? I didn't know our relationship was that serious!" (That's kind of an inside joke about the fact I didn't get my first cell phone until I was a senior in high school (I know, I know. What a hard life, right?) and didn't like talking on it because I found it to be to small. So I used the house phone, not that I talk on the phone all that much anyway.) We played along with that for a bit, then I asked what the hell he wanted. It was really for a slumber party and hardcore truth or dare.

I go because I got nothing better to do and it's like a mini class reunion of the people I actually care about (13 of us in all, 8 guys and 5 girls, ages 20 to 23. Two are brother and sister.). After everyone gets there Kevin starts this speech about how we can finally have a high school teenaged house party like in the movies now that we're in our 20s. And about how we're still young, we didn't peak in high school. Still too young to get married and to be having kids.

At this point everyone is pretty much thinking he has gotten someone pregnant and is freaking out about, but he deny's it.

So after we moved on to the 'hardcore' truth or dare which turned out to be a modified drinking game.

The rules...

If you pick truth you drink.

If you are caught lying about your truth you drink.

If you refuse to do a dare you drink twice and do a truth.

If you fail to complete a dare you drink.

Every tenth person to complete a dare gets to draw from the 'box of doom'. The 'box of doom' is a shoe box filled with dares we each had written. And the dares may effect just one person or the whole group or any number in-between. The dare (punishment) was given to the person(s) who drew the numbers from a hat that turn. (For example: 9 has to caress 5's chest for an hour. That's one I was stuck with, but I'll talk about that later.) Some of the 'box of doom' dares weren't as doomy as I thought they were gonna be.

The game went without any truths (or drinking) until the dare to strip bare and run up and down the street yelling 'this is what I'm talkin' about' came up.

Most of the truths turned into ''remember that one time''s. Which followed by watching the movie 'Funny Games' (the 2007 version, the 1997 version is in another language I think. But same director for both versions.), messed up movie. One of the commericals was a trailer for the movie "The Purge" (which comes out on the 31st of May). When the trailer first starts I'm thinking 'this is going to be really predictable'. One night (12 hours) a year, there is no law and you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with in that time frame, so you can assume that the rest of the year the crime rate is like zero. (After looking up the other trailers this is the case.) By the end of the trailer, I was like 'I could pay to watch that'. So the Funny Games movie comes back on and it on the part where the killers make the bet weather they'll live to 9 A.M. or not. Then asks the viewers "Killer 1: I mean, what do you think? You think they stand a chance? Well, you're on their side, aren't you? Who are you betting on, hmm?  Killer 2: But, wait, what kind of bet is this? If they're dead, they can't live up to their side. If they win, they can't live either. Killer 1: Yes, they'll lose either way. That's what I'm saying."  At this point one of us says ' Why does the black guy have to be chased down by a bunch of white people?' We all burst out laughing because clearly at some point that question had crossed all our minds. These people pick a person to play 'hide 'n go kill' with every year. So how and why they pick the person is really the only point in the movie that can bring it down if they don't address it.

Then we turned to  a 'old school' disney song sing off (Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame sung by the character Frollo was chosen because he found the song more relatable to himself then all the others.), at some point during that I fell asleep.

Later the next day we picked up the truth or dare game, but dropped the drinking and took it public. (It wasn't like we drank all that much anyway.)  Onward to the outdoor mall with the 'box of doom'. It was on this outing where I took a dare from the 'box of doom'.

 We weren't about to do the dare walking around, so the plan was to get it accomplished by sitting down eating ice cream! About half way through our hour we hear "You should be ashamed of yourself. Your parents must have taught you better than this."

Looking around to see what kind of indecency is going on, for a stranger to call it out. Only to realize this guy is talking to Sophia, who was at the time sitting on my lap with my hand on her chest. Awesome. (And I mean awesome as in the situation couldn't be more awkward.)

This guy who looks 45ish clearly has mapped out the situation that is going down right now, with no other possible scenarios for back up. I can only guess what he was thinking based off what he said. The scenario had to be something like: Sophia and Celeste are high school students possible in the 11th grade.  Kevin, Javiero, and I are of college age (its been a long time since someone ball parked my age right) and with it being a school day at about noon (it may have been closer to 1, it wasn't like I was looking at a watch. I just know the sun was trying to kill us.) I guess he thought the girls were skipping to hang out with us or something. (The rest of our group were off buying Mother's day gifts. Slack people.)

He started giving this whole spiel about how important education is, how it you can take you places. This and that. We have not said a word to this man yet, just staring at him. For about half a second (for whatever reason) I'm taking this guy serious to some degree, then he offers the girls a ride back to school.

My first thoughts were stranger danger! I start mentally yelling at myself 'this is why people treat you like you're 12'.

Sophia tells the guy that Javiero is her older brother (which is true) and he could bring them back to school. Javiero pretends to not understand any English what so ever, combine that with the blank stare his giving and the look of frustration the guy has, I couldn't keep it together and I just start laugh hysterically.

Kevin then starts reciting the song we used to sing in middle school 'Fuck the pain away by Peaches' and one by one we all join in.

Here's the starting lyrics..."Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me,Callin me, all the time like blondie,Check out my chrissy behind. It's fine all of the time, Like sex on the beaches,What else is in the teaches of peaches? huh? what?"

 The guy walks away during our singing.

But what this really comes down to is, what in the world is going on with Amanda Bynes? Just three years ago she seemed fine.