Nine

If he wants his ex back, I can show him that I can get my ex back, too. This is going to be the longest damn story I have to explain to Lyss. She's gonna go all bat crazy when she finds out about this.

[Camila] hi

[Dylan] Camila, hey!

[Camila] do you want to hangout

It doesn't take long for him to answer my text messages.

[Dylan] if what you mean by hanging out is drinking at my place then hell yeah

[Camila] alrighty, I'll be over soon.

And that's how you do it. This morning I already went out to ship Jack back his things because even though I could drive 10 minutes to give it to him, why would I want to face him again?

Seeming that I'm already ready, I could just drive to Dylan's right now and that is exactly what I'm going to do. He probably already has some of our friends there. I should text Lyss to go.

I realized that I never went to lunch with Lyss. Oh well, she never texted me back about it so... Maybe she just fucked her hot assistant that day instead of going out to an actual lunch.

The drive to Dylan's house is short and there are a few cars parked on the side of the road. I get out of my car and knock on the front door. I don't get why it isn't awkward between me and Dylan because isn't it supposed to be?

It isn't totally normal to be hanging out with your ex like there wasn't any past. The door opens and I'm greeted by Dylan. He hugs me and let's me inside of his reasonably big house.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, I'm good, what about you?" I ask back.

I'm actually feeling like complete shit.

He gives me the same answer as I gave him and we walk upstairs to where people are. I immediately spot my friend, Chase, and his girlfriend Angelina, whom I never liked and she never liked me and our friend Jason.

It's been so long since I've seen all of them. Time to get wasted in this little friend group. I sit on the couch next to Dylan, and Jason hands me a solo cup with cherry vodka in it. I hate cherry and I hate vodka. I'm gonna throw up so bad.

I pull out my phone and go onto snapchat, holding the cup up to my lips, I take a video and point it to Dylan, who's talking to Chase and laughing. It's only reasonable to post on snapchat.

"Dyl." I say and he looks at me and then notices the camera.

He gets super close to it, "what's up?"

I stop the video and upload it to my story and then lock my phone, putting it on silent. Dylan puts his arm around me, just like old times, and squeezes my shoulders. I instantly smile and take another sip.

Dylan and I broke up, not because of anything bad, he was just super busy all of the time and we were incompatible, but maybe that's changing right now. We're getting along pretty well. Super well actually.

When we dated, I wanted nothing more than his undivided attention. I sound like I was a crazy girlfriend, but that's not the case. It was natural for me to be that way.

"I think someone's calling you." Jason points to my lighting up phone that's in my lap.

I roll my eyes and get up from the couch, going outside onto the porch. I already know that this is not going to end well- the conversation that is about to happen. I slide my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?" I try hard not to slur.

"What the hell?" Jack shouts through the phone.

"Nice to hear from you, too." I laugh.

"Where are you? Who are you with?" He swarms me with questions.

I hesitate before answering, "I'm with my ex? At his house? Because that's what I thought we were doing." I laugh. "Going back to our exes. Anyway, this deal isn't working out. We keep arguing."

"Don't hang-"

I hang up on Jack and it feels good. It feels good to have control and not be intimidated by some really rich, hot teenage guy who has the hots for you. I go back into the house and sit back onto the couch.

Drinking my third cup and having a good time. I'm having fun, I'm laughing, I'm dancing to music and I'm actually getting along with Chase's girlfriend, which is very, very surprising, but it's only probably because we're drunk.

*

I wake up, in my own bed, what? Who brought me home? We were all butt fuck drunk. I know, for sure, that Jack didn't because he doesn't even know Dylan's address; he's not capable of finding it. At least I hope. I check my phone.

[Dylan] yesterday was fun hope you got home safe with that random guy

Random guy? Holy shit, maybe it was Jack. I check my other text and no doubt, it was him. Oh no, I hope my parents didn't see him, or even my brother. They'd attack me with an interrogation.

[Jack] you got so fucking wasted.

[Jack] you could barely walk.

[Jack] you're lucky I'm not there with you when you wake up

Why can't this goddamn kid leave me alone? I'm not gonna be runner up and I am definitely not going to be his rebound.

{vote, comment, share}