Chapter 12

I ate silently and occasionally looked up at Taehyung whom was looking uneasy.

"You've got something to tell me?" I asked him.

"Uh, no," he said, but his expressions screamed that he needed to talk about it.

I put down my utensils. "Tell me," I said, looking up straight into his eyes.

"Okay first," He said, "Are you serious about helping me out?"

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Soohyun's gonna chase after me no matter what. This means she'll just go on her own way and make sure nothing and no one will stop her."

"Uhuh..." I listened to him attentively.

"So, anytime and anywhere, she may do anything to you, you're her target. You've gotta be careful and be strong for this, Hyejin," he said, and I see some worry in his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm strong you know," I said to him, flexing my arm muscles jokingly.

"Yaahh, I'm serious," he continued being paranoid, "When I'm at work, you're own your own. That's when she may prey on you."

"Whatever, Kim Taehyung," I said, "Why should I be scared of such a desperate and pityful person."

He slightly chuckled, "That's my Hyejin."

I smiled, "Don't worry, I know how to take care of myself alright."

"I didn't say I worry about you," Taehyung said to me.

"Yeah right, whatever," I rolled my eyes and continued eating my food.

***

After eating our lunch, we went home because I needed to have some rest. I went up to my room then lay on my bed and I was still sick but I felt slightly better after being taken care of.

Then I spent the whole afternoon either taking a nap or playing my phone. Basically, I was caged in my room for the whole afternoon.

Suddenly, about evening, the door to my room opened, and Taehyung casually walked in, making me startled.

"Taehyung, Taehyung," I sighed, "When will you ever learn not to barge into my room just like that."

"Never," he smirked. "By the way can you help me choose which suit should I put on?" he asked, showing me a black suit on one hand and a white one on the other.

I raised my eyebrow, "What's the formal wear for?"

"Dad's inviting me to a company dinner, and I've gotta attend it because he said if I'm not gonna turn up, I'm not getting my pay," he said, and I chuckled.

"Money face," I teased him.

"Hurry up, monkey face," he retorted. What a good comeback, huh.

I walked towards him for a better look. "The white one makes you look fancy but knowing you, you're gonna drop your food everywhere when you eat and mess up your outfit so you should go with the black suit."

"Aishh," he looked up at me, "Well, fine, I'll go get changed into this."

He went out of my room to get changed then came back. "Can you help me with my neck tie?"

I slightly chuckled. "You can't tie a tie?" I asked and he shook his head. "Oh yeah, ever since high school, your tie wasn't even secured properly around your neck."

"Shut up and help me with this," he said and passed me the neck tie.

I sighed as I slowly stepped closer towards him to tie the tie around his neck. Then I realised, Taehyung was staring down at me, intensely. I got nervous and pretended that I didn't notice.