Chapter Ten

Angela hurt all over. She didn't open her eyes but knew she was lying on a damp, dirty concrete floor. She was naked. The room was dark. She couldn't seem to concentrate her mind enough to call out for Jake. Whatever sedative the vamp had given her had been strong.

She opened her eyes slowly, blinking several times. She was going to try again to contact Jake but then she heard her name whispered from the corner.

She tried to move but realized her arms were chained together and her feet were locked in chains that were anchored to the solid concrete floor.

"Who's there?" she whispered. Her eyes began adjusting to the darkness and she could see a cage in the corner. Blue eyes looked back at her.

"It's your charming brother-in-law of course." Lane managed weakly. Angela gasped. Lane looked horrible. He was naked, pale and dirty.. His face was covered in a beard and he was horribly thin.

"Lane what is going on?" she asked. She tried to hold her arms in front of herself to hide her nakedness.. It was cold in this basement and she was already shivering.

"You have a crazy ex boyfriend who has decided to come back at you and my big brother for revenge."

"Tyler. But how did he get you?"

"Seems he has a vamp helping him. I was gambling one night and the vamp attacked me. I was a little drunk or else I'm sure I could have fought him off. Anyway, he knocked me out with something in a needle and when I woke up I was here. That was a few weeks ago I guess."

"Weeks? But how did they know who you are?"

"I brag about having Jake Collins as a brother. It helps with the ladies."

"Angela, is that you?"

"Abigail?" Angela looked over to another corner and saw Abigail. She was chained to the wall and her red dress she was wearing was covered in dirt and grime. Her long blond hair was a giant rats nest atop her head.

"Are you okay? Tyler has gone crazy. I tried to leave I wanted to warn you but he chained me up."

(Angela. Angela, love can you hear me?) Angela nearly cried out with joy when she heard Jake's deep voice in her head.

(Jake! Oh my god, Jake, it's Tyler. He's gone crazy.)

(It's going to be okay ,sweetheart. I won't let him hurt you.) Jake assured her wishing suddenly that he was a better liar because he was sure she would hear the uncertainty in his tone. (I know where you are and I'm coming for you.)

(It's not just me. He has Lane and Abigail trapped in here too.)

(Lane! Why is Lane there?)

(Something about Tyler wanting to get back at you. Tyler has a vampire working for him and some other kind of people. I don't know how many.)

(Why won't Lane answer me when I try to contact him?) Angela looked over at Lane and it was then that she noticed the cage was not made of steel but of silver.

(Silver cage.) she replied. (And he's been here for weeks, Jake. He doesn't look very good.)

(Just hang in there, love. I'm going to get you out of there. Tell Lane I'll save his worthless ass too. I love you, Angela.) Jake cut off the link finding it was the hardest thing he had ever done.

"Jake is coming." Angela said to Lane. "He said he'll save your worthless ass too." Lane smiled and Angela could see some of the old charm.

"I'm so glad to hear that you pup is coming." Tyler said walking through the door. He was followed by five of those nasty men.