Cedric Diggory

With the passing few weeks I got close to the twins and the golden trio. Since Amanda started dating Adrian Pucey and Pamela was tagging along hoping to find a guy for herself. Due the fact that Adrian was from Slytherin both of them avoided my company.
  I was sitting in the library when I felt someone sit beside me. I expected it to be someone of my new friends, so I smiled and looked up, but it was Cedric Diggory. My heart skipped a beat. He instantly returned the smile, which calmed me down.
"You're Paige Daniels, right?" He knew my name. My eyes began to sparkle with joy as I gave him a shy nod.
"I'm Cedric, Cedric Diggory." He reached out his hand for me to shake it. "You won't mind if I sit beside you to study, right?" Was that it? Well, I guess it's a start.
"No, not at all." I answered with a smile, which he returned.
During our studies, we were asking questions about what we didn't understand and helped each other out.
"It's dinner time, we should go." Cedric said closing his book and gathered everything, ready to go.
"You're right." I did the same and we walked out the library.
  On our way to the Great Hall girls were glaring at me, but I did my best to ignore them.
"Tomorrow is the Quidditch Match, we will play against Gryffindor, will you come to watch?" I looked up to him surprised by his question. I forgot about it, and the twins have been telling me about it the whole week, but I thought they were facing Slytherin not Hufflepuff.
"Yes, of course." I gave him a smile and he smiled back.
"Great, well... see you tomorrow then." He waved goodbye at me and walked away to his table as we entered the hall.
  I walked to my spot which now was wider due the fact that Amanda and Pam were sitting with the Slytherins. I placed my books on one side of me and was about to start putting food in my plate when someone from behind me took me by surprise.
"Boh!" Sharply, the person shouted in my ear. Causing me to jump in my spot and slap him in the face with the back of my palm on my way of turning around. "Owh, Paige!" Looking up I saw Fred holding his nose from pain.
"Oh my, are you alright?" I stood up and got close to Fred's face trying to see the damage on his nose.
"No, will you stop aiming for my nose? Merlin, how are you so strong?" He said while massaging his nose.
"Let me see." I took his hands in mine and gave it a close look. My eyes moved to his and I noticed that he was slightly blushing. Why is he blushing? And then I realized how close was the distance between us. Quickly, I pulled away and cleared my throat, feeling awkward.
"Sorry..." I was trying to look anywhere but his face.
"Just try not to do it again, I want to graduate with a nose." He joked which returned back my smile. "Want to join us at our table?" I gave him a nod and he took my books for me, leading the way to the others.
 During dinner the boys were discussing Quidditch tactics, while I was helping Hermione with one of her homework.
"See Ron, I told you they were distant relatives." Fred told his brother as he looked at us.
Hermione and I looked up from the book and at them for a moment, before returning back at the subject.
  When we were finally done, all got up and decided to return to our common rooms. I told everyone goodnight and took my separate way to the Ravenclaw's Tower.
"Oi Paige! Wait up!" I heard someone call from the distance.
Turning around I saw Fred running to me. I waited for him to catch up and gave him a questionable look.
"I wanted to accompany you." He said sheepishly which made me giggle.
"Alright then, accompany me."
  We started to climb the tight spiral staircase that led to the common room. At first we spoke and joked but as we got tired and out of breath we only focused on reaching the end of the stairs.
  Finally, we reached the bronze eagle-shaped knocker.
"Thank you for walking me to the common room." I gave him a bright smile.
"No... problem...phew... no wonder you Ravenclaws are so fit..." He breathed heavily which made me laugh at him for a bit.
"Was that a compliment, Weasley?"
"Maybe?" He said with a smirk.
"Well..." I paused feeling the awkwardness. Did he really try to make some sort of a compliment? "Goodnight."
"Yeah, goodnight." He replied and began to take the stairs down.
"Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?" The knocker asked me waiting for my answer so I could enter.
"A circle has no beginning" I simply answered and the door opened.
I bit my lip unsure of the emotions inside of me.
"Fred?" I called out and quickly he turned around and looked at me with some kind of hope in his eyes. His smile never left his face. But then doubts filled me up. Paige, say something, don't just stare at him. "Good luck tomorrow." His smile faded a bit but still remained on his face. He gave me a nod and thanked me. I turned around and entered, but before the door could close I heard him call my name. Quickly, I walked out.
"Yeah?" Nice going, Paige. Now he'll think you're desperate.
He took the stairs up and when he finally stood few steps away from me he spoke.
" I just..." Owh my... is he going to ask me out? I was freaking out on the inside.
"Yeah?" I took a quick step towards him and our faces were close to one another.
He looked at my lips and then up to my eyes, but something in his expression changed. He took a deep breath and gave me a smile.
"Well, I hope you have sweet dreams." WHAT?!
My excited look faded away as I heard his words.
"Owh... well thank you, you too."
He turned around and left mumbling something to himself on his way down .
  I had to answer another riddle so I could enter again in my common room. When I did I went straight to my dorm and fell asleep.