Chapter Fourteen

"Are you sure this is where he went?" Jake asked. Vladimir nodded and Jake looked at the small brick home. They were in Georgia on a deserted street. Jake could tell the place they were used to be a fairly rich suburb but now all the homes were empty and falling down.

All except one.

"I'm going in." Jake said standing up. Vladimir stood as well.

"Perhaps you should wait until the sun is not so bright. Then I could assist you." Jake shook his head.

"I work alone." he said. "Thank you for leading me here but I'll do the rest on my own." Vladimir simply nodded and faded back into the shadows of the tree line.

Jake crept toward the house. He could smell Draco and no one else. He smiled to himself. That son of a bitch was here alone and Jake was going to end this now. He kept low to the ground. The sun was low in the sky and he stayed in the shadows.

Suddenly he stopped. Something didn't feel right. Hundreds of years of training and hunting told him something was wrong. He growled and turned just in time to feel the silver arrow slam into his chest. He reached down and yanked it out but within seconds three more silver arrows slammed into him.

Jake felt the weakness overtaking him. He looked and saw Vladimir standing at the tree line the crossbow still in his hands pointed at Jake. The last thing Jake heard was Draco's laughter in his ears before he collapsed unconscious.

888

"Wake up, wolf pup." Vladimir's voice broke through the fog in Jakes mind. He didn't open his eyes as he used his other senses to take in his surroundings. He could smell Vladimir and Draco but no one else. He was underground judging by the lack of outdoor noise. The floor was cold and metallic and judging by the lethargy and weakness still in his body he figured he was in a silver cage.

"Open your eyes, Jake. I know you're awake." Jake opened his eyes and looked through the bars of his cage at the man who he had thought was dead.

"What the hell do you want, Draco?" Jake asked as he forced his weak body to stand. He didn't even spare Vladimir a glance.

"I'm almost disappointed, Jake. I expected it to be much harder to capture you. Vladimir told me he could earn your trust and get you to me but I doubted him. The Jake I remember trusted no one. Being mated has made you weak and stupid."

"Why don't you come in this cage and call me weak and stupid, Draco.." Draco laughed. The sound was cold.

"I'm not a fool, Jake. I know that you could very easily kill me. I am physically weak when compared to you but I know someone who I am stronger than." Jake noticed that Draco himself was staying far from the silver bars of the cage.

"And who is that?"

"I believe you know her. I met her once in a cute little pizza store. I hear that her condition is even more delicate now. I would hate for anything to happen to that innocent little baby inside her."

Jake growled so loudly that Vladimir and Draco both jumped backward. He slammed himself against the bars with such force that they bent slightly.

"How does it feel Jake? How does it feel knowing that your mate and your child are going to die?" Draco demanded. Jake reached an arm through the bars his fingers itched to close around Draco's neck.

"I do believe he is growing angry." Vladimir said his violet eyes glowing with amusement.

"What do you have to do with this?" Jake demanded looking at the vampire.

"Draco and his mate were old friends of mine." Vladimir replied. Then he reached out a slender, long nailed hand and grabbed Jake's wrist. Jake tried to pull his arm away but in his weakened state he found he could not. Draco laid his hand on top of Jakes and closed his eyes.