Eleven

We both run back into the previous room we were in with Jack, and Chase is trying to pry Dylan away from Jack. Jack gets up from leaning into the dresser, wiping his busted and bleeding lip with his thumb.

I don't even want to look at Dylan because he probably already has a black eye forming. I don't want to know what even started this fight either. It was most likely a battle of who has the most testosterone.

Chase pulls Dylan out of the room with Cody helping them. I'm concerned for him and I want to run after them, but it's better to just get rid of Jack, who is now the root of the problems.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I snap at Jack and he flexes his bloody knuckles.

It would just be rude of me to let him bleed inside of my house. My brother is upstairs, he's most likely wearing headphones, that's why he can't hear all of this commotion. I grab Jack by his shirt and Lyss watches the whole time.

"Come on." I quietly utter.

As they're cleaning Dylan up in the bathroom downstairs, I have to take Jack all the way upstairs. Lyss goes back to where Angelina is and I turn on the sink, putting Jack's fist under it. The water is a light pink shade as it goes down the drain.

He's not affected by the running water going over his fresh wound. I grab a face towel and lightly run it under water. I sit up on the sink counter and make Jack stand in between my legs. I wipe the blood on his face off and his lips.

"Why?" I ask.

"He tried to make me leave and I didn't want to." Jack shrugs, putting his busted hands on my thighs and I slap them away.

"Well, maybe if you listened, you wouldn't be in this mess."

"To hell with that. Like I was gonna listen to that pussy." Jack chuckles.

"The pussy that fucked you up." I roll my eyes.

"You should see him."

When I'm done I put the towel on top of the sink and just sit there, with my legs dangling off the counter. I look down at my hands, intertwining them. I'm just sitting here and Jack is standing in between my legs.

"I miss you." He murmurs and my eyebrows knit together.

Why would he say that right now? I don't care if he misses me. I always end up going back and getting fucked over and over. He always finds a way to mess things up. He just told me about his psychotic ex girlfriend.

We can barely be with each other for three days.

"We should go back down." I say.

"Why? So I could beat the shit out of the other three guys?"

"No, because you should go home." I slightly move him back and hop off of the sink top.

"Only if you come with me."

"You make me so mad." I emphasize. "The last thing I want is to go home with you."

After making my statement clear, he follows me down the staircase. Jack waits at the end of the stairs and I go into the bathroom to check on Dylan. He looks up and I look at his face, it's so bad.

He sitting on the toilet cover. He grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. I wince at the bruise forming beneath his jaw and the cut on his eyebrow.

"You okay?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head and gives me a weak smile.

"Want me to drive you home?"

"Cody's got me. Thanks though."

He stands and we walk out of the bathroom together. He hugs me tightly and I'm scared to hug him back because I don't want to hurt him. So many things are happening today, my brain is going to explode.

Jack is still standing there, watching us, contently and I know he's not happy. I tell Dylan I'll see him later and walk back over to Jack.

"Aren't you gonna leave?"

"Aren't you gonna come with?" He asks and I shake my head.

"You need to control your fighting tendencies and do something about your ex. To me, it feels like we aren't meant to be with everything that keeps happening."

He huffs childishly, "fine."

With that, he walks out of the door without another word. Fine? What is that supposed to mean? He's going to control his anger? Send his ex to a therapist? Finally has come to the conclusion that we're not meant to be?

I tell everyone to leave and that I'll text them later. I plot back down onto the couch when they're gone and they've left. Maybe I was being super stubborn, but I just didn't want to leave my friends behind.

He also added insult to injury. I contemplate whether to go to Jack's or not. No, I can't go crawling back to him. Not after everything that just went down.

{vote, comment, share}