Twenty-Seven

She took a deep breath and calmed herself down. If she was hysterical and crying she couldn't think of a plan. Her grandmother couldn't see her and school so maybe, she could be with Suga then. But how would she get through today? How could she stay with him when her grandmother would be right there? She clenched her fists tightly and walked to class. Suga wasn't there. She sighed in relief. Maybe he'd be absent today. It'd give her more time. Please, Suga, please don't come here today.

He did. He sat down next to her at lunch. She flinched and pushed back the tears forming in her eyes. Rapmon came to school today too. He would kill her. Suga intwined his fingers with hers and smiled. She smiled weakly and looked away. He squeezed her hand and looked at her concerned.

"What's wrong?" She said nothing, she just shook her head slightly. He sighed and put his arm around her silently. The only thing she could do was break up with him now and explain it later. Or she could explain it now.

"Suga actually..." The bell rang cutting her off. He looked at her questioningly, she shook her head. He gramma would know if she skipped class. Dammit.

She walked outside silently. Suga walking beside her. Her mind felt foggy. She couldn't think straight. She was about to hurt someone she loved more that herself. She caught sight of her gramma and looked away from her. Suga squeezed her hand worriedly. She could feel him fretting about her. She turned to face him. He held both of her hands worriedly and searched her face. She smiled weakly and tried not to look at him.

"I love you Suga." She whispered.

"I love you too, what's wrong?" He leaned forward slightly.

"I can't do this." She breathed tears dripping from her face.

"What? You can't do what?" He murmured crouching down so her could look her in the eye.

"I can't be with you anymore. I'm so sorry." She sobbed, covering her mouth with her hand.

"What? What do you mean?" The pain in his voice was extremely noticeable.

"It's too much. I can't do this. People beating me up, the Yakuza. I love you Suga, I really, really do...I just can't deal with what's happening." She sobbed, why was she a good liar? Why couldn't she be an awful liar? Why did she have to do this? She choked and sobbed, biting the palm of her hand.

"But everything you...you said-no. Never mind. I shouldn't expect you to stay. I didn't expect you to stay. I'm so sorry okay? I-I love you too." He choked, wiping his nose. His eyes glistened with tears threatening to over flow. She kissed him gently. He held onto her lips desperately. She cupped his face in her hands.

"I love you okay?" She murmured.

"Uh huh." He mumbled stepping back and turning away from her. He waved silently and stalked away, shoulders hunched. She clenched her fists and wiped at her eyes. She walked over to her gramma stiffly and slid into the car.

Please Suga, wait until I can get back to you, please...