Thirty-Two || A Leap In Time

Narrator's POV

- Three years later -

It seemed like forever.

It seemed like a variation of forever since the downfall of the Old Republic, since the galaxy became overthrown with a shadow of darkness, ruled with an iron fist by a Sith Lord that could only dream of an apprentice to mirror her brutal actions.

It seemed like forever since the Jedi were forced into hiding, since the Imperial battlestation with a superlaser caused fear to havoc throughout the galaxy, since Anakin Skywalker in his family were forced to navigate to Naboo where they would be... safe.

It felt like forever since the Jedi Order's last attempt to reestablish the Republic, their last attempt to destroy the Death Star...

It seemed like every time they tried, they failed.

Which was true.

It was a horrible thing, to watch the station looming in the sky, causing anxiety to rush through everyone's bones. They never were to know when a planet was in risk, was in sights... was to be destroyed.

Nobody would ever know besides the dark Lord behind it all - Emperor Demetrious.

When the green superlaser lights up in the sky, all the coordinate points connecting to form a straight laser - nothing in the galaxy is safe. Nobody is safe. Nothing.

When the laser starts, when the burst of an exploding planet can be heard throughout the galaxy, people begin to realize - nothing is safe anymore. The Galactic protectors - the Jedi - cannot do anything.

They can sit, they can watch, they can feel the impulse of millions, billions of lives lost, the breakage in the Force, the disturbance...

But they can't do anything.

And every day, every second it claws at them, terrorizing their thoughts for how quickly things came to a close.

How one girl comes into the picture; and destroys everything.

They sit, they feel the Force around them. They hear the screams of the people, sensing their times are up and there isn't a thing that they can -

And then... then they are gone.

Then all the millions of screams that ring out simultaneously, end in a long breakage, a forever lapse of... silence.

Bespin was a planet under the laser's impact. Bespin was a planet gone for no reason, simply for the Emperor's declaration of claiming her power.

And because of this, millions are gone, and billions are mourning.

Because of this, the galaxy isn't safe anymore.

Peace is a word only Naboo seems to hold onto, only Naboo seems to want to keep. Only Naboo, where Anakin Skywalker and his family reside anxiously, is where there still might be a small sliver of... hope.

Another word people don't say anymore.

The word is genuinely forbidden.

Because, well, when there is no hope to grasp onto, it's impossible to say so, for saying you have hope when you don't is one of the hardest lies to muster.

And since the destruction of Bespin a year ago, nobody has attempted destroying the Death Star any longer. The Order had ultimately ceased their trials out of fear they would lose more of their men and women, after already having lost a good handful.

The galaxy doesn't believe anyone can put a stop to the galactic disruptions. The galaxy believes this is truly the end. The galaxy thinks, for anyone to say they have hope, they ought to be out of their right mind.