Alex and Angelica

The adrenaline of the crowd filled the tiny bar as the people screamed for more when 'The Immortals' finished their set. Alex, looked over at Todd who shrugged and gave a nod, causing the six inch long spikes of purple hair on his head to bounce as he adjusted his electric guitar.

"Let's give them more!" Tony yelled from behind his drum set as he wiped the sweat from his bald, tattooed head and the crowd cheered. Alex grumbled under his breath but plastered a smile on his face, wiped the sweat from his brow and adjusted his own guitar. Tony counted them in and Alex stepped up to the microphone and began yet another song.

They ended up doing four extra songs and then finally Alex gave a bow and walked off the stage, giving his band mates no choice but to follow. They walked out into the musty alley behind the bar and Alex leaned against the rough, brick wall of the building.

"Not like you to be the first one to bow out." Todd said as he pulled a cigarette from his pocket and stuck it between his lips.

"I'm just tired." Alex replied as he ran his hand through his spiky, bright green hair.

"You wanna come over to my place and have a few drinks?" Tony asked as light flared in the alley and Todd lit his cigarette.

"Nope this werewolf is going back to his apartment and crashing out on a pile of empty pizza boxes." Alex said as he stood straight.

"Well this vampire is up for some drinks." Todd said and the three friends said goodbye and went their separate ways. Alex stuck his hands deep in the pockets of his baggy jeans and walked down the surprisingly quiet southern California streets. The rattling of the chains hanging from his belt filling the night.

(Mom.) he called out.

(Oh Alex, I forgot to let you know about everything didn't I?) Jordan's sleep filled voice came back. Alex kicked at a piece of paper on the sidewalk and nodded, though she couldn't see that all the way in Virginia.

(Yeah, but that's okay. I know it's hard to remember when I'm so far away.) he replied. (Is everybody okay?)

(Yes. Your dad made it back safe and so did everybody else. The bad guys are dead and everyone is fine.)

(Good. I was worried.) Alex said. That was why he hadn't really wanted to play the gig with the band tonight. He had known that his family was going up against some kind of demon and his army.

(How are you?) Jordan asked. Alex knew she was worried about him. Her and his dad had just left a little over a month ago from their last visit and Alex knew they thought he wasn't taking care of himself. Truth be told, he was miserable.

(I'm doing great, mom.) Alex lied. (I just finished up a gig and I'm on my way back to my apartment.)

(Okay.) Alex could tell she was tired so he decided to end the conversation.

(Mom, the guys want to go out and have some fun so I'll let you get back to sleeping.) he said and he closed the link as he looked at the neon lights of all the shops around him and the headlights and red taillights of the cars going up and down the quiet street.

He got to his apartment building on the richer side of town and waved at the sleepy doorman, Frank.

"Good show tonight, Alex?" Frank asked as he opened the door and smiled warmly. Alex reached in his pocket and pulled out a couple dollars to tip him with.

"Pretty good, Frank. Your night going okay?"

"As good as it's gonna get." Frank replied taking the money and sticking it in his pocket before laying his hands on his big belly. "You got a guest waiting up in your room." Alex raised a brow.