Chapter Seventeen

(Please, Alex, come spend some time with us at home. At least a couple of days! We miss you and Angelica!) Laney begged her favorite cousin. Alex rolled his eyes and leaned his pool stick against the wall.

(Why don't you come out here?) he asked.

(Could you imagine Hunter in that big old city? He'd get killed once those crazy city people got a glimpse of his flannel shirt and cowboy hat.) Alex laughed out loud and Angelica looked up from the shot she was lining up and raised her brow.

"Laney wants us to come spend a couple of days at the big house." he said matter of factly. Angelica nodded.

"Okay." Alex mumbled under his breath. He'd been enjoying having Angelica alone in their apartment for the last three days, making love every single chance they got. Even Todd and Tony had gotten to where they were knocking before coming in because Alex had threatened to rip off their legs and make them kick their own asses if they kept just walking in.

(We'll be there shortly.) Alex replied to his cousin and then he closed the link. He crossed the room and took Angelica into his arms.

"I guess we'll have to pack some bags if we're going to stay for a few days." he said. Angelica smiled.

"We have to go to the bedroom to do that don't we?" Alex grinned and nodded.

"Yes we do."

"While we're there we could always....." she let her words hang and pressed her lips to his neck. Alex trembled beneath her kiss and grabbed onto her arms as his knees grew weak. He was shocked by how much she had changed in the last three days. She had gone from being scared to death of the thought of making love to being a love crazed woman who kept him wore out and on his toes at the same time.

"Yeah, we could." he replied and he lifted her into his arms and carried her into the bedroom with her laughter filling his ears.

888

"Did you get what I told you to get?" Alex whispered to Hunter as he pulled the vampire aside in the yard later that day. Hunter nodded.

"Yeah I got it." Hunter replied. Alex smiled happily. The house was pretty empty right now. His mom and dad were both at work. So was Evan, Vanessa, Kayleb, Kaylee and Damien. Kaitlyn and Faith were at school. Charles was down in the basement. Bethany and Greg were gone on a modeling gig and everyone else other then Laney, Hunter, Angelica and Alex was upstairs with the babies in the playroom.

"What are you two whispering about?" Laney asked as she and Angelica walked over.

"Sweetheart, come out to the barn with me for a minute." Alex said taking Angelica's hand. He led her toward the barn and Laney walked over to Hunter who wrapped his arm around her waist.

"String bean, is so cute in love." she said with a sigh.

"Why are we going to the barn?" Angelica asked curiously as they walked into the dusty, dimly lit barn and her eyes adjusted to the change of light.

"I know how much you love the horses." Alex replied as he looked around and his eyes quickly fell on the white and gray appaloosa in the back corner. He had handpicked this horse himself one day when he had snuck to a breeder after band practice. She was covered in scars from years of abuse at the hands of her first owner. She was gentle and a little shy but she had learned how to trust people again and Alex had thought she would be the perfect fit for Angelica.

"They are pretty." Angelica saw the appaloosa and walked over to her. She held out her hand and clicked her tongue and the horse walked over and pressed her nose against her palm. "Poor thing." Angelica said when she saw the whip scars on her sides and back.