Not Safe Yet

Pietro brought the man he only knew by the name of Hawkeye at the time, to Roman. Pietro caught them up on as much as he could in the short time they had to save Wanda. Any time wasted, was time they could lose Wanda to.

"Another Avenger? You guys are all over this country," Roman joked.

Clint knew a lot of languages, but the one Roman spoke was not one of them. Meaning he looked at Roman in confusion.

"Right, let us keep moving," Roman said in English.

Clint nodded, wanting to get on the mission himself.

The three men continued through the hallways, encountering few people along the way. Clint would definitely consider it one of the easier missions he had been on.

Roman finally lead them to a hallway that ended, aside from a right turn. "This is where the door leading to the cells is located. I don't know how many guards are patrolling it, but there is no point in being quiet anymore. They have cameras here, and I would be very surprised if they have not noticed us already."

Clint and Pietro nodded. Pietro was ready to bring Wanda back, no matter the cost.

Quietly, Clint made his way to the corner of the hallway while drawing an arrow. He turned the corner, immediately taking one of the men patrolling down.

The other three men were armed with guns and noticed Clint, who had just disappeared around the corner again to avoid being shot.

They heard the footsteps of the guards, who were rapidly approaching the corner. It seemed like a good time for Pietro to try his powers; so he did.

Reflex. He thought to himself as the men appeared around the corner.

They tried to shoot, but it was useless. Pietro saw time at a different rate than they did, so he moved the bullets to the side, then took out one guard before time returned to its regular pace.

The two remaining guards looked somewhat surprised, but regained the composure. Just not in time to avoid another arrow from Clint.

The remaining guard was pushed into the wall, then received a sharp hit to the head from Pietro.

"You guys made quick work of them, sad that they don't carry security cards," Roman said, whistling at the bodies on the floor. "Watch my card not be able to open the door," he swiped his card and a large error sign appeared on the screen.

"You should not jinx yourself, idiot," Pietro shot at Roman.

"Out of the way, guys. Working with SHIELD does have its merits," Clint interjected.

He took a thin device out of one of his many pockets, placing it over the screen. They stood impatiently listening to the whirring of the machine working.

Finally a beep came from the machine, signalling that they had gained access to the cells.

Pietro was the first one to enter through, excited to see his sister, then realized he still did not know where he was going.

Pietro looked to Roman, but Roman only shrugged in return.

"Do not look at me, I have never been to this part before," Roman said.

Clint rolled his eyes. "You two have so much to learn."

Pietro glared at the back of the older man's head, but followed his lead anyways.

Clint lead them through corridors that seemed to get darker as they went on. The place seemed nearly devoid of life. Wasn't it supposed to hold prisoners? Where the hell were all the guards?

"You are sure this is the right place?" Pietro asked, to Clint and Roman both.

Roman nodded. "I am sure of it; they left notes detailing Wanda's cell."

"Then we need to keep going," Clint responded.

Darker and darker. The hallways were depressing in their dark lighting and walls that direly needed repair.

Roman and Clint were walking straight ahead while Pietro lagged behind a bit, not wanting to miss anything. Then Pietro saw a hall to the left, it had soft light coming from it.

"Wait," Pietro instructed, looking to the left.

Clint and Roman backtracked to see what Pietro stopped for, and followed light.

In the halls they found a plain grey door. It wasn't heavily protected, but looked much too new to be in the rundown section of the building.

Pietro tried the door and it opened, like there was no lock on it whatsoever.

Pietro was greeted by Wanda who looked at him in surprise. She didn't say anything, he didn't either, they simply looked at each other with tears in their eyes. Wanda stood up and wrapped her arms around Pietro in relief. He nearly cried, right then and there- his twin was alright. But they weren't safe yet.

"Wanda, we have to get out of here right away, are you okay with walking?" Pietro asked her, while holding her hand tightly.

She nodded slowly and backed out of the hug. She didn't say anything to him, not even a smile.

"What's the quickest exit?" Pietro asked Roman. Pietro needed to get Wanda out of there, and fast.

"We need to go all the way back to the foreign affairs office. There's an exit that leads to a parking lot there," Roman answered.

That was at least ten minutes back.

Pietro put his sister's arm around his shoulder and followed Roman's lead.

Clint was constantly looking at Wanda oddly. He didn't see any signs of torture, so he didn't know why she didn't care that she had just been rescued and reunited with her 'dead' twin.

Pietro was even more worried about the way Wanda did not seem to care. He thought she would be ecstatic to see him again. They had done something to her, and Pietro knew it. He did not know how to fix it, but he would find a way. No matter what.

"Wanda, how are you doing?" Clint finally asked, after a few minutes of walking.

Wanda stopped right in her tracks, seemingly giving Clint's question a lot of thought.

"Powerless," she said quietly.

No. What had they done to her? What were they doing to him? Did Wanda have the same voice in her head? The slew of questions crowded Pietro's mind, this wasn't how it was supposed to be. He was supposed to find Wanda and everything would be right again; but it wasn't.

Pietro was angry, and someone was going to pay for it. He would find out what had happened to his sister, even if it killed him.

-

An: Writing action is really not my thing, but I tried. Anyways, there's a lot more to come, because of course, it's never that simple. ; ) Also, sorry the chapter is a bit shorter than usual.