Chapter four - Crushes and crutches.

Newts POV

T has a crush?

We are anonymous message buddies how did I not know this?! Oh well, he probably lived like 5000 miles across the world anyways, it didn't matter.

Strangely enough, T reminded me of a boy named Thomas who went to my school. We had barley spoken two words to each other but I feel like I'm falling for him. If he's anything like T I'm definitely falling.

Anyways I needed to sleep. That's why I left the chat. I sighed and put my computer away, drifting into a dreamless sleep.

* * *

My phone buzzed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes to see what it wanted. A text from Minho.

Minho-Dude, where are you???

"What?" I groggily said to myself. I sat up to type a reply.

Newt-In bed, why?

Minho-Cause there's this thing called school.

Oh crap, I had completely forgot that today was Friday. I glanced at the time.

7:58

I gotta go! Now!

I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. I grabbed the first shirt I could see an picked up some khakis from a pile on the floor.

I grabbed a stick of deodorant and tasseled my hair a bit, before running downstairs and out the door.

The walk, -or run in this case- to school took me a while. When I made it there I checked my phone again.

8:19

I needed to get to the other end of the school before 8:25! I rushed through the doors and ran through the halls, desperately trying to get through the huge school. My school Glade high, was an abnormally giant school.

I was going so fast I didn't realize I had bumped into someone. I backed up and saw it was Thomas. "Sorry Thomas!" I said quickly and rushed pass him.

He looked so cute when he was startled. I made it to class at 8:24.

Our teacher mrs.Foxford came in moments after I sat down. She was a tall, thin, woman with very wrinkly and bony skin.

She cleared her throat and began her boring lesson.

Thomas's POV

I was walking to my first class for the day at my school Glader High when Newt came rushing at me out of nowhere.

He bumped into me and apologized before rushing off again. Ah, he was so cute. Newt was my crush and I really wanted to ask him out or something.

I found my class and sat down. Our teacher, Mr.Man came in and began to blab about science.

After a few more boring classes it was lunch, I excelled in this subject. Newt was sitting alone at a table and I began to walk over to him but, stopped when I saw some other boys approach him.

One of them was Brad. Ugh, does that jerk have to pick on everybody? They seemed to be just talking until Brad shoved Newt onto the ground.

I started to speed walk again and was quickly by Newts side. I extended a hand which Newt took. While I helped him up Brad decided to open his big mouth. "Awe. His boyfriend came to the rescue!" He teased, the others erupting in laughter.

I rolled my eyes until Brad pushed Newt again. I stepped in front of Newt, protectively and was face to face with Brad.

"Could you keep your gross hands off him?" I asked not really as a question, more of a demand. "awe, Tender Tommy Toots a lot is gonna save Newtie?" Brad said in a mocking tone.

I had enough. He pushed Newt again, and that was it. As Newt was getting up I shoved Brad back.

"Look who's the tough guy now." Brad commented. He got up and punched me. "Tommy!" Newt exclaimed, rushing over to me. The group of boys laughed again. The rush from hearing Newt call me Tommy made me get back up.

I jumped to my feet and punched Brad back. He fell back and I kicked him in the ribs. "Your gonna regret that!" He hissed through clenched teeth and motioned to one of his 'friends'.

A large guy walked hoed to me and shoved me into a wall. A mix of adrenaline and pain was all I could feel as school staff started to rush towards us. I heard a snap and an excruciating pain running up my leg. I could see teachers, the guy who had just injured me, but most importantly: Newt.

* * *

I awoke in a hospital bed. Woo hoo, my favourite. I looked around. The room looked abandoned except for a blonde boy reading in the corner. Wait, that boy was Newt.

"Newt?" I asked with a raspy voice. Newts head perked up from behind his book. He walked towards me and smiled. "How do you feel?" I scoffed
"I don't know..how long have I been here?" Newt shrugged. "Couple hours."

"Were you here the whole time?" I questioned. He nodded. "Thank you for helping me, Thomas." Newt thanked me. I didn't want him to called me Thomas. "You can call me Tommy again." I said, referring to when I was first punched earlier.

A doctor walked through the door with a clipboard in hand. "Hello Thomas. Hello Newt." He greeted us. "What happened to me?" The doctor looked down at his clipboard. "Well, you got into a fight and that resulted in a slight fracture of your left ankle. You'll need to use crutches for a few weeks."

I nodded. "Cool. Can I leave now?" The doctor set his clipboard aside. "Yes, as long as you have a ride home." My face dropped. "My parents are at work and can't drive me." Newt volunteered. "I could drive you." I smiled.

"Thanks."