Jonah Clarke Is Apologetic

Author's Note: So this chapter is a bit of a rollercoaster but I hope you enjoy it. Sorry for my absence, I was on holiday. And I got some great new ideas for stories but I was so excited to write this when I got back so here's an update. Tell me what you think :) Dedicated to cause she always leaves really nice comments and she was very perceptive regarding Daniel

Today is going to be a good day, Daniel can feel it. It's not often that Daniel is in such a good mood but today everything seems to be going his way and so Daniel allows himself the small pleasure of thinking positively for a little while.

"You're looking happy today," Jonah says as soon as he spots Daniel.

"I am."

Daniel chooses not to elaborate and Jonah doesn't ask, instead he grins widely at Daniel and drags him down the corridor.

"You're coming with me."

"Where to?"

Daniel had no problem with being dragged places by Jonah Clarke (after all, who would?) but he would prefer to know where he's going. As much as Daniel trusts Jonah he cannot be sure that Jonah is not dragging him somewhere truly horrible like the pits of hell or even worse, to hang out with his friends. (Now that Daniel thinks about it the two might as well be synonymous with each other.)

"My locker."

Daniel has to pause briefly to absorb this newfound information.

"You never go to your locker," Daniel says accusingly.

"You stalking me or something?"

"Jonah we've been going to the same school for the past year and a half, it's impossible for me not to know these things."

"I'll let your stalkerishness slide then," Jonah says teasingly.

"Stalkerishness isn't a real word."

"It is now."

"I'm not sure you posses that kind of authority."

"You don't know my life story."

"Shut up Jonah and walk," Daniel says, "if I could grow facial hair I'm pretty sure I'd have a beard by now."

"You can't grow facial hair?"

"Walk!"

It doesn't take them long to reach Jonah's locker after that and Daniel can quickly see why Jonah rarely uses it. When Jonah opens the door it falls open, sending several pieces of paper onto the floor. The entire locker appears to be filled with an assortment of rubbish, old letters from school, sweet wrappers and Daniel even thinks that he might be able to spot a condom in there somewhere, although to be honest, Daniel would rather not think about that.

"Have you ever heard of a bin?" Daniel asks. "Oh my god, is that a pair of your underwear in there?"

Jonah just shrugs and begins to place stacks of paper in Daniel's arms as he roots through his collection.

"What are we looking for?"

Jonah doesn't reply but rather withdraws his arm from the locker with a flourish and turns to Daniel with a smirk. Daniel is not impressed when he sees what is in Jonah's hand.

"A box of condoms," Daniel says disbelievingly, "you dragged me to your locker and subjected me to all this rubbish just so you could retrieve a box of condoms."

"Safe sex is important Daniel," Jonah tells him seriously, "and my stash at home has run out, turns out Ivy Michaels can really..."

Daniel cuts Jonah off by placing a hand over his mouth, sending the papers in his arms to the ground.